Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Career > CS >

starting salary of a company secretary??????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5

Student

[ Scorecard : 179]
Posted On 20 February 2009 at 11:32 Report Abuse

what is the starting salary of a COMPANY SECRETARY????????/

Online classes for CA CS CMA

LAXMIKANT JAIPURKAR
Practicing Company Secretary/Tax Consultant

[ Scorecard : 398]
Posted On 20 February 2009 at 11:55

The salary is not fix. It depends on the Company and the candidate.

There is no any legal binding.

Total thanks : 1 times

Prodyut Banerjee
Advocate

[ Scorecard : 304]
Posted On 23 February 2009 at 16:22

At least 400000/- P.a in Metro and 300000/ P.a in Non Metro.

BharatRaj Panchal
trainee

[ Scorecard : 40]
Posted On 09 March 2009 at 20:25

Hi,

Being a cs final passed  student  the starting salary is around 35000-40000 per month.

koolleo87

[ Scorecard : 1263]
Posted On 10 March 2009 at 21:33

The market condition is difficult...Expect about 28 to 30 thousand per month....

Prodyut Banerjee
Advocate

[ Scorecard : 304]
Posted On 12 March 2009 at 14:00

Yes you are absolutely right. In 2008 the starting salary of a CS was anything in the range of 25000-50000 p.m. and the graph was continuously increasing. The profession was taking a shape to become arguably the best profession (in commercial field) in India by overtaking the other professions in the field. The salaries of the Company Secretaries were increasing like anything and in spite of good payment the Companies were finding it difficult to get a good Company Secretary. Suddenly the Global economy crashed down which has adversely affected all professions including the profession of Company Secretaries. So for the time being the Company Secretaries might have to compromise in terms of salary but it is the pick time to show the entire world that ignoring the Corporate Governance Professionals (Company Secretaries) and the Good Corporate practice can create such type of massacre that adversely affect everybody from big corporates to a poor person . So in spite of salary compromise or the job insecurity for the time being the Company Secretaries should never compromise their standard and ethics to anybody including the Board and CFO. The Government should also give more legal protection to the Company Secretaries to ensure their independence so that they can take some decision even if the same is not liked by some Directors or CFO.    

Total thanks : 8 times

sagar
Account Officer

[ Scorecard : 57]
Posted On 04 July 2009 at 18:40

Hi.

What r the future prospect if anybody has law degree but currently working as a account officer in small scale industries with a 5 years od experince  & persuing CS executive progrram.

please give us suggestion?

Ajit
SERVICE & CS [CONTD.]

[ Scorecard : 1454]
Posted On 06 July 2009 at 06:00

Salary of a Company Secretary will vary from company to company within a range of Rs.25000 to Rs.50000 per month depending upon various factors like volume of works and over-all calibre of the Company Secretary etc.

veena
trainee

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 18 July 2009 at 10:12

I Have done my B.E in Electronics & Electricals, after which I did my Masters in Finance. Also had worked for three years in Mumbai into risk management . Currently I have enrolled for the CS course and undergoing training with a practising company secretary in Bangalore.

What are the job prospects for a CS in Bangalore and what is the min starting salary range with this qualification and Experience.

Venkata Krishna J
Service

[ Scorecard : 85]
Posted On 25 July 2009 at 22:57

Friends, I am working as Sr.Steno (having 22 years govt service exp.) with a PSU and drawing 35k pm. My CS finals are about to be over by Dec'09. How much can I expect, once I complete the CS. Thanks.

There are 42 Replies to this message

Related Files