Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Corporate Law > Others >

stamp duty -in demat form??

Pages : 1

officer CS

[ Scorecard : 748]
Posted On 05 May 2011 at 11:57 Report Abuse

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me the provision regarding the payment of stamop duty when the shares are alloted in the demat form.

I searched in FAQ of NSDL it says "the Issuer has to pay the relevant stamp duty as applicable irrespective whether it is issued in either physical or demat form. As per the Finance Act 2000, stamp duty is waived only for transfers within the depository."

this stamp duty as applicable is ???
and how it is paid.

If anyone can tell me the procedure of teh same.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Jaideep
Service

[ Scorecard : 1338]
Posted On 05 May 2011 at 13:03

Hi-  Will be paid through e-stamping. Plz refer the attached form. Rate of duty will be same as applicable in that particular state.

Also refer -

Regards

Jaideep Pandya

Attached File : 25 estamping form.pdf downloaded 243 times

Total thanks : 1 times

Mayuri Lal
officer CS

[ Scorecard : 748]
Posted On 05 May 2011 at 14:26

Thanks a lot Jaideep

Dhruv Berry
Student

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 23 January 2012 at 18:52

hey jaideep, can you please clarify which document is required to be stamped in cases of issue of shares in electronic form like a share cerificate is required to be stamped in case of shares in physical form? also if this document does not exist then what is the procedure for stamping shares in electronic form?is the stamp duty levied in the transaction itself before such electronic shares are issued? please reply asap!

Neha Jain
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 7337]
Posted On 23 January 2012 at 19:05

Stamp duty will also be paid on issue of share cert in demat form.

Dhruv Berry
Student

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 24 January 2012 at 16:19

thanks neha! but can you please clarify your answer with some legal justification? for eg:- how are shares issued in demat form? and to whom share certificates are issued when shares are issued in electronic form? is it the depository participant? can you please highlight the basic procedure? thanks!

deepak kumar
CS

[ Scorecard : 36]
Posted On 31 March 2012 at 15:35

Neha Ji

In case of demat i think we do not issue the share certificate then how we pay stamp duty.

please guide

Neha Jain
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 7337]
Posted On 31 March 2012 at 16:08

We have to pay consolidated stamp duty to the collector of stamps in case of demat shares.

There are 7 Replies to this message

Related Files