As we all know presentation plays a very important role in fetching high marks especially in CA Exam. You may use the following tips which I have observed during my study and used in my CS and CA exams:
1. In practical problems never start your answer with Yes or No unless you are 100% sure. First mention the relevant provision and show in your answer how you reach the conclusion. In the end conclude your answer in the following manner : “On the basis of above discussion we can conclude that as per the Section-166 Annual General Meeting can not be convened on a public holiday.” (Consider this as an example).
On the contrary if you are 100% sure from the very beginning always start your answer with Yes or No. Like in the above problem it is very much sure that AGM can not be held on a public holiday.
1. Try and always mention the relevant section. Make it a habit. Do not ask anybody regarding the importance of remembering a section. If you make it a habit now it will 100% pay at the time of your final preparation.
2. In distinctive question never segregate 2 provisions with the help of a line.
For example: Distinguish between Fixed and Floating Charge
Mention the distinction in the following way:
(i) Fixed charge is created in the specific property on the other hand floating charge is created on the class of property.
(ii) Fixed charge clutch the property whereas floating charge floats over the property.
Conclusion: You should use “on the other hand” OR “whereas” to club two different provisions.
4. Use only Blue and Black Pen to write. Never use any other colour otherwise wastage of time and bed impression on teacher.
5. You may underline the relevant provision or any substantial provision.
6. Start your answer from a new page with the heading “Answer to Question No. 1”
7. Try and improve your recalling power. When you firs see the question the entire answer should be in your mind. (Yes it is 100% possible). Benefit: You’ll be able to complete your answer with more valuable content as compare to others and very quickly & within a certain time frame. When other writes 5-6 points you write at least 8-10 points.
8. In theory paper never read practical problems first. First attempt flat questions. Like in Audit or Law first attempt short notes or distinctions etc.
Reason for not attempting the practical problems first is that in the beginning you have enough time to read it twice or thrice and waste your time.
9. If you mention any case law highlight it properly.
10. In distinction problems first write something (2-3 lines) about the topic. Example: Like in the distinction between Interim and Final Dividend write some about Interim and Final Dividend and mention in the end: “hence the points of distinction between Interim and Final Dividend are as follows”
11. If in a passage there are various points try and write them separately in points and give them separate number.
12. In exam never use short forms like AGM, EGM, CG, CLB, ROC, ICSI, ICAI, SAP, AS.
13. When you start your answer by using a section use like this:
“As per Section-171 of the Companies Act, 1956”
14. Do not worry you may start your paper by answering question No. 10 first.
15. You may experiment all these points in your university exams or rather I would say you should use university exams to improve your writing skills.
16. I have seen many students after receiving their exam copy start making margins with their scale on the left side of the exam copy. This is some thing really horrible. Avoid it.
17. While writing be specific about your answer. In other words write your answer to the point. (Faltu copy bharna baker hai professional exams mai)
Hope you agree with on the above mentioned points. I am very hopeful that these points surely add something to your Examination copy. Wish you all the best for June’09 Examination. Give your best shot.
Total thanks : 8 times