Shorter notice for general meeting

CS Binit Thakur (company secretary) (1348 Points)

24 August 2016  

FORMAT OF CONSENT LETTER OF SHAREHOLDER FOR CALLING GENERAL MEETING
FOR SHORTER NOTICE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE COMPANIES ACT, 2013
Consent of shareholder for shorter notice [pursuant to section 101(1)]

To
The Board of Directors
[Name of the Company]
[Address]

I, Mr. X, [Name of Shareholder], Son of Mr. Y [Father’s Name], having PAN: [xxxxxxxxxx],
resident of [Address], holding [No Equity Shares] Equity Shares, vide Registered Folio
No. [Folio No.], of Rs. [Paid-up Value of Shares] in the Company in my own name, I do
hereby give my consent, pursuant to section 101(1) of the Companies Act, 2013, to hold
the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting on [Date of Meeting] at a shorter notice.

Signature ………………………….
Name: [in Capital Letters]
Date:

Note: In case where a shareholder being an Individual.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE COMPANIES ACT, 2013

To
The Board of Directors
[Name of the Company]
[Address]

I, Mr. X [Name of Shareholder(Karta)], Karta of [Name of HUF], having PAN: [PAN of
HUF], resident of [Address], holding [No Equity Shares] Equity Shares, vide Registered
Folio No. [Folio No.], of Rs. [Paid-up Value of Shares] in the Company in the name of
[Name of HUF], I do hereby give my consent, pursuant to section 101(1) of the
Companies Act, 2013, to hold the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting on [Date of Meeting]
at a shorter notice.

Signature …………………
[Name of Karta][in Capital Letters]
Karta
[Name of HUF]
Date:

Note: In case where a shareholder being a HUF.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE COMPANIES ACT, 2013

To
The Board of Directors
[Name of the Company]
[Address]

I, Mr. X [Name of Director], Director of [Name of Company], vide CIN:
[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Registered Office at [Address], holding [No Equity Shares]
Equity Shares, vide Registered Folio No. [Folio No.], of Rs. [Paid-up Value of Shares] in
the Company in the name of [Name of Company], I do hereby give our consent on behalf
of [Name of Company],pursuant to section 101(1) of the Companies Act, 2013, to hold
the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting on [Date of Meeting] at a shorter notice.

For [Name of Company]

[Name of Director]
Director
DIN:
Address:
Date:

Note: In case where a shareholder being a Company.

Notice of Meeting (Section 101) of Companies Act, 2013
(1) A general meeting of a company may be called by giving not less than clear twentyone
days notice either in writing or through electronic mode in such manner as may be
prescribed:

Provided that a general meeting may be called after giving a “shorter notice” if
“consent” is given in “writing” or by “electronic mode” by not less than “ninety-five
percent” of the members entitled to vote at such meeting.

(2) Every notice of a meeting shall specify the place, date, day and the hour (time) of the
meeting and shall contain a statement of the business to be transacted at such meeting.

(3) The notice of every meeting of the company shall be given to—

a) every member of the company, legal representative of any deceased
member or the assignee of an insolvent member;
b) the auditor or auditors of the company; and
c) every director of the company.

(4) Any accidental omission to give notice to, or the non-receipt of such notice by, any
member or other person who is entitled to such notice for any meeting shall not
invalidate the proceedings of the meeting.

Observations:

# Companies Act, 2013 is silent about any specific format/form regarding consent of
shareholders for Shorter Notice, Corresponding to the “Form No. 22A” of Companies Act,
# There is no any time frame (period) describe for serving of shorter notice to the
shareholders of the Company for holding a General Meeting.
ï‚· However, the Articles of Association of a Company may specify a time limit for
such shorter notice.
# Shorter Notice can be served on the date of meeting itself, means the date of Board
Meeting where draft of the notice approved, date of dispatch of notice and date of holding
of General Meeting may be same.

Disclaimer: The information is provided purely for informational and educational purpose only and based
on my understanding/knowledge. This does not constitute any legal advice or legal opinions. Therefore I
cannot take any responsibility for the result or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt any of the
information presented in this article.