Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Corporate Law > MCA >

Shall I go for LLP or Private limited company? Advise me su

Pages : 1 2

accountant

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 13 February 2011 at 05:59 Report Abuse

I have started a small software firm on 2005 end and I am running the firm with few employees with my wife. And I want to go for incorporation…
Our yearly turnover is bellow 10lakhs so we are not paying service tax till now. If I am going Pvt Ltd registration this will be affected or what?
I want to go for incorporation for the reputation, avail the marketing benefits.

Shall I go for LLP or Private limited company?  Advise me suitably…..

Thanks and Regards
Suresh N.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

SAMAR JEET SINGH
CA

[ Scorecard : 72]
Posted On 13 February 2011 at 15:09

Hi

Some comparisions

1. Formation cost: the cost of Formation of LLP is lesser that of formation of Company.

2. Taxation : No noticfication yet from the department for the LLP whereas Company Flat rate of 30% Plus surcharge as applicable.

3. Compliance: Compared to the normal partnership LLP is better reputed as it is regulated and formed under the llp act. whereas Due to Stringent Compliances & disclosures under various laws, Companies enjoys high degree of creditworthiness.

Total thanks : 1 times

SUCHINDRA PARE
Student

[ Scorecard : 80]
Posted On 13 February 2011 at 16:46

AGREED WITH SAMAR

CREDITWORTHINESS OF THE COMPANY IS HIGHER AS COMPARED TO LLP DUE TO STRINGENT COMPLIANCES AND DISCLOSURES.

BELOW IS THE LINK DIFFERENTIATING BETWEEN THE PARTNERSHIP LLP AND THE COMPANY.

http://www.llponline.in/compare_llp_result.php

REGARDS.

Sudipto Mukherjee
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 187]
Posted On 13 February 2011 at 22:16

From Taxation (income tax)  point of view LLP are better as compared to Company .

One point has to kept in mind that holding property in the name of LLP is big problem because our Registration Act does not recognises LLP as an entity.

If you are looking for marketing benefits, in my opinion Company will be a better.

Total thanks : 2 times

SIDHARTH DHIR
senior articled assistant

[ Scorecard : 623]
Posted On 14 February 2011 at 11:38

AGREE TO Mr MUKHERJEE

shashi
Acct. Manager

[ Scorecard : 28]
Posted On 14 February 2011 at 11:41

Hi

Even if you are going for LLP or Pvt. Ltd. Co., liability for registration under service tax would be only if your TO exceed rs. 10 lacs in a fin. year.

As far as choosing between LLP or Pvt. Ltd. Co., you may go for pvt. ltd. co. since it will be give more recognition in the market than LLP.

regards

Gajendra Saini
CA final student.

[ Scorecard : 185]
Posted On 14 February 2011 at 15:14

hello,

In a broader view, you should corporate it as a pvt ltd company. May be it is possible that this time your concern is small size, but in future your concern takes more goodwill as spend with time and the business of your concern became wide. At that time, you and your associate partners/ members coultnot control and manage it properly. So, you will corporate it as a company.

On the other hand, the extra benefit is also for the same that is the company has more goodwill and good image in corporate market then a Partnership firm/ Limited Liability Partnership.

Ashish Kedia
CA

[ Scorecard : 712]
Posted On 14 February 2011 at 22:20

Dear Suresh,

As of now your firm is very small, LLP is the best recommended structure if you want to give a more formal recognition to your firm and is relatively hassle free as compared to an incorprated company. The expenses of formation and post incorporation of a LLP is less as compared to a Pvt Ltd company. Also managing a company requires a lot more professionalism and compliance compared to LLP. However much would also depend upon how you want ur organisation to be perceived in the market and what form of organisation structure is preferred by your vendors. If that is not a problem LLP is the best structure as it is also more tax efficient under Income Tax. However, if you are eyeing listing or such kind of market recognition, obviously Pvt Ltd company is advisable.

One thing that you need to keep in mind is that conversion from LLP to a Pvt. Ltd. company is not possible as per current scheme of law. Hence you should only go for LLP if you have no plans to convert it to a Pvt Ltd co in the next 3 years atleast.

As regards service tax, choice between LLP or Pvt Ltd company does not affect service tax liability and thus you do not need to pay service tax until your T/o crosses 10 lacs.

Mohit Garg
CS

[ Scorecard : 178]
Posted On 15 February 2011 at 10:06

as per my understanding LLP is better option than a pvt. ltd. co.

above views are also good. BUT LLP is new concept and i have seen many big pvt. cos. (legal firms) have changed its status to LLP.

Less Compliances/formalities in comparision to Pvt. Ltd. Co.

Regarding conversion of LLP into Pvt. ltd. co., in my view if at any stage you want a pvt. ltd. co. you just need to incorporate a pvt. ltd. co. and acquire LLP not an issue.

Rest depends upon your requirement.

Best Wishes,

Mohit

KSHITIJ
NA

[ Scorecard : 35]
Posted On 07 December 2011 at 19:01

Dear Sir

LLP DOES HAVE AN EDGE OVER PVT. LTD. IN TERMS OF COST BUT THERE ARE A LOT MORE DRAWBACKS WHICH MAKE LLP EXPENSIVE IN TERMS OF ITS OPPORTUNITY COST. A PVT. LTD. COMPANY CAN HAVE 50 MEMBERS EXCLUDING ITS EMPLOYEES AND PAST EMPLOYEES WHILE AN LLP CAN HAVE LIMITED PARTNERS. A COMPANY HAVE A HIGHER CREDITWORTHINESS WHICH MAKES IT MORE ATTRACTIVE FOR BOTH THE SUPPLIERS AND THE CUSTOMERS. THERE ARE NO GREATER TAX BENEFITS IN INCOME TAX ACT FOR AN LLP THAN A COMPANY. IF YOU PLAN TO TAKEOVER YOUR LLP IN THE NEW COMPANY, THEN WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DOING SO, FIRST SPENDING MONEY IN INCORPORATINF LLP, THEN HAVING AN AGREEMENT FOR TAKEOVER AND THEN PAYING FEE FOR COMPANY INCORPORATION. IF YOU DREAM BIG YOU SHALL GET BIG.

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THERE ARE NO LESS FORMALITIES, YOU HAVE TO PREPARE ANNUAL STATEMENTS, YOU HAVE TO ACQUIRE DPIN, DIGITAL SIGNATURES. ONLY FILING CERTAIN ADDITIONAL RESOLUTIONS IS WHAT WOULD HAVE TO DO ADDITIONALLY.

ALSO YOU CAN'T ACQUIRE A PROPERTY IN THE NAME OF LLP. YOU HAVE TO DO IT IN THE NAME OF A PARTNER AND IN CASE OF DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE PARTNERS IT WOULD CREATE PROBLEMS. HOWEVER IN A PVT. LTD. COMPANY YOU HAVE A CONTROL EQUAL TO THE NUMBER OF SHARES YOU POSSESS. ALSO THERE ARE POSSIBILITIES OF DIFFERENTIAL RIGHTS.

There are 11 Replies to this message

Related Files