Easy Office
LCI Learning

Service tax valuation

Page no : 2

karan jit singh (Consultant) (1299 Points)
Replied 05 February 2016

Originally posted by : Rahul Verma
Thanks guyz..

As i said he is mentioning amount of labour in seprate sheet attached along with invoice. It was said to us that following amount is for the calcuation of ESI amount. But i am saying if he is bifurcating amount of labour then why not considering for Service Tax purpose.

Kindly confirm.

Dear Rahul

The industry of work contract can work out for labour charges but do they have any evidence in relation with it? if yes the service tax is leviable only on labour charges othervise rules of STVR is to be complied where 70% of GAC  is to be considered.

CA Rizwan Saifi (Founder @ CharteredHelp)   (117 Points)
Replied 05 February 2016

According to my opinion attachment to the bill is part of bill therefore labour charges not mentioned on bill but disclosed in a sheet enclosed with bill..it will be treated as proper disclosure and service tax can be paid on labour charges only......

vijaydeepsingh (article) (71 Points)
Replied 05 February 2016

Hi rahul Yes your vendor can bifurcation Labour and Goods value if it is beneficial for it but this may include making of proper records of materials used.

Replied 05 February 2016

Hi rahul Yes your vendor can bifurcation Labour and Goods value if it is beneficial for it but this may include making of proper records of materials used.

Replied 05 February 2016

vijay (t.n manohar) (23 Points)
Replied 07 February 2016

Plz refer rules of work contract tax rules. There is some provisions regarding this problem

vijay (t.n manohar) (23 Points)
Replied 07 February 2016

Plz refer rules of work contract tax rules. There is some provisions regarding this problem

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: