Service tax - applicable to online ticket website

Prashant (Accountancy and auditing)   (146 Points)

01 August 2014  

Hello,

I am operating online website for sale of tickets. Event organisers list their shows on my website. End users purchase ticket for this shows from my website. I charge comission to event organiser for sale of ticket on my website. On happening of ticket sale money comes to my account and i transfer money to event organiser after deducting my commission / service charges.

Doubts :

1) Is Event organiser liable to pay service tax on ticket value ?

2) Am i liable to pay service tax on ticket value as i am selling ticket on my website ?

3) Am i liable to pay service tax only on commission charged by me for my services to event organiser ?

4) While selling ticket on my website if event organisers turnover is below Rs. 10 lac and he is not registered under service tax. In that case am i liable to pay service tax on full value of ticket

5) Any notification or case law to explain this situation in details

6) I wish to avoid any future litigations or demands from department hence opting for opinion

7) If my present turnover is below service tax limit and after 6 months if it crosses service tax registration limit then do i need to register under service tax, and do i need to pay service tax on sale made in first 6 months ?

Thanks

Prashant

prashantrd1980 @ gmail.com