Service tax 12.36% or as rcm basis

maharaj (accountant) (165 Points)

04 August 2014  
Dear Expert and all.
I have one client doing business with them and right now we have registered with ST last few months back. Now I have raised a bill with ST on actual basis i.e. 12.36% and also paid that S.Tax amount to the government through online as 12.36% on quartly basis as proprietorship business. Payment was due from S. receiver and now they want to may me the Actual service bill amount and 50% on S.Tax amount . They don't agree with actual amount.
We have not registered with works contract tax. Before generate the bill already give them S.Tax registration photo copy as per their requirement and give them also phtoto copy of tax submit challan as per their requirement.They are big LTD company. We are providing labour charges services for machinery parts and pattern works. Earlier it was purly labour charge bill before s.tax registration and done business with them more than two years. We have registered with S.tax only business with them as a only service provider. We have no such services for Input claim at this moment.
I have proprietorship business with turnover within 15-20 laks p.a.
I have two questions? plz advice.
1. Should I charge actual basis i.e. 12.36%. or RCM basis 50% -50%. I have no RCM registration.
2. Should I amend Regs. of S.Tax with added RCM. If amend then I have to paid 50% s.tax and 50% will be paid by s.provider. What will be Input claim amount from myself in department with RCM basis. Need one example with Bill amount and rate as per Newly updated RCM rule.
Urgent. Expect advice from Expert.
Thanks.