Securing 75 marks in IDT at CA Final

CA Yogesh Chawla (Chartered Accountant) (137 Points)

06 August 2016  

This is my 1st article on this forum. The objective is solely to guide the students towards the right path and to thank Yogendra Bangar sir for this awesome text book of IDT which guided me throughout this whole journey and made me able to secure 75 marks in Indirect Tax laws at CA Final level.

Dear friends, it’s been around 15 days since the results of CA Final are out. It was moment of joy for me to see my result. I am Chartered Accountant now. My group II was pending. It was the second time when I appeared in this group. I got 75 marks in IDT which is my individual top score in all 8 subjects.

Studying for CA Final is not as tough as we normally hear about. An average student like me can pass with hard work and smart study.I have done self study at home in all 8 subjects. For an average student like me, the key to success lies in the right selection of books and other material (notes etc.). It is one of best decision that I have made to go for Yogendra Bangar sir text book of IDT. Although some seniors recommended Raj Kumar Sir modules or Vineet Sodhani modules as well, but I decided to go for this book. For me Yogendra Bangar sir book is magical book which is self complete with whole syllabus covered. It also contains well drafted explanations and lot of illustrations to concepts. 2 to 3  readings of this book make the student ready to go for 60+ score in this subject.

I was able to revise this book around 3 times along with practice manual and case laws book. I have never interacted with Yogendra Bangar sir. Through the medium of this article I would like to express my deep gratitude to sir for this awesome self study publication which made this subject more interesting and made be able to score 75 marks.