Section 44ad

Piyush Shah (Director) (30 Points)

19 October 2016  

Hi all,

I have a peculiar situation and wanted som advice to clarify what I am doing.

My father started a business in April 2015 where he opened an account in his name and started trading. In whole year the turnover was over 1 crore and he was liable for a tax audit filing. This is done and on 17th Oct his CA filed the return for his PAN. However, there was another development during the year and on 1 Sep 2015, he created a partnership firm (with his business partner) however not much transactions was carried through the partnership firm/bank account. A very handful of transactions which may lead to 20 Lacs. The idea was to move all transactions through Partnership account however due to little negligence transactions was carried through his account. My question is i would like to file return for the partnership firm as well (since PAN is active and bank account exists with some transactions i think it is mandatory to file) but no tax audit will be necessary. Confusion is 1) which Income tax filing form I should pick up to file? 2) Since the partnership firm will have a loss, was it mandatory to take this computation in my dad;s individual filing as well.

Thanks a lot and i will be grateful for a response.