close x

Revised Return of Service Tax.

Is it possible to file the Revised Service Tax Return. If so what is the last date for filing such revised  return for the FY 2007-08.

Chartered Accountant

you can file revised return;; no last date for that

Chartered Accountant

with in sixty days you will filed revised return

within 60days from the date of orignal return filing date.

During the current financial year, the date of filing revised return increased from 60 days to 90 days.

(Guest)

Hi

Am in singapore and i wish to file my tax return for the year 2007-2008, i wish to know what is the last date of filling the same in pune.

Thanks

Khaja Moinuddin

Last date is over.  But you can file the return along with late fee of Rs.2,000/-.

Assessee may revise return within 60 days from the date of submission of original return.

Assessee may revise return within 60 days from the date of submission of original return.

7B. Revision of Return.-

An assessee may submit a revised return, in Form ST-3, in triplicate, to correct a mistake or omission, within a period of ninety days[OLD -sixty days] from the date of submission of the return under rule 7.

Explanation.- Where an assessee submits a revised return, the ‘relevant date’ for the purpose of recovery of service tax, if any, under section 73 of the Act shall be the date of submission of such revised return.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :