close x

Revised Return Of Central Excise

can we submit the revised monthly return in Form ER-I to central excise department ?

Manager ( Taxation )

Please give me comment whether we can submit the revised excise return to central excise department or not. if yes how, please give us any notification or circular.

Advocate- Taxation & Corporate

There is no provision of revised return in Central Excise. If there is any discrepancy, it can be corrected by the assessee either thorugh a simple letter to the department, or in the next month return.

A return can be revised only if it is filed as provisional assessment i.e. where the price of final product is not fixed.  this can be done with the proper permission of assistant commissioner when you have informed department about the situation which should be accepeted by AC . Then only revised return can be filed.

Advocate- Taxation & Corporate

That is not revised return tushar, that is finalisation of provisional assessment.

Assistant Manager Accounts

Originally posted by :Sorabh Gupta
" Please give me comment whether we can submit the revised excise return to central excise department or not. if yes how, please give us any notification or circular. "

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :