Revised return

Tathagata Chakrabarty (Investment Advisory) (66 Points)

30 August 2015  

Dear All,

I filed my return for AY13-14 on 3-8-14 subsequently revised it on 5-8-14 realizing some mistakes(The  return had Salary income  for part of the Year and minimum Loss in Share trading for Carry forward).However while sending the hard copy to CPC I inadvertently signed and sent the original return (sent on 3-8-14) as both the original and revised return had similar acknowledgement numbers(last 3 digits same). I realized my mistake when I received a 139(9) notice in 9-2-15 giving me 15 days to reply or the return will be rejected.Since I was aware of the mistakes in the Original return I did not wish to carry it forward and did not reply,expecting it to be rejected.I then filed a revised return on 30-3-2015 giving only the Salary income and foregoing the Loss in Share trading (as the due date for claiming setoff was already over).I received another reminder on my 139(9) notice on 20-8-2015 giving me another 15 days to reply.

My questions are'

i) Can I reply to the 139(9) notice with the revised return (of 30-3-2015).

ii)Has the filing of my revised return liable to be rejected ? How can I connect the two.

iii) Is there any Helpline Email of the Income tax department or any Official whom I can write/mail to for guidance.?

Please Help.

Regards.

T.Chakrabarty.