Easy Office
LCI Learning

Revamp of ICWAI

Page no : 2

CMA.Ravindran D. K. (Management Accountant) (46 Points)
Replied 23 June 2011

Hi Pralay,

Well , the Caclub forum is for interactive and intellectual discussions and responsive suggestions which is a great platform for each and every one in the accounts field irrespective of their qualifications and professional expertise......this being the case, let us not exhibit un-professionalism by talking about individuals and another professional institute......

For your information, my avatar picture has got nothing to do with any institute in particular nor that profile picture was selected with any intention...........However, for your kind information....I am doing CA-Final also and the picture does become relevant if you think in that direction.....also, I have every right to select a picture of my choice .......

Well, I am very proud to be a CMA, which is the result of my 5 years of hard work and sincerity and sacrifices that I have done to reach that milestone in my life and I am very happy and proud about it which is preceisely why I used CMA infront of my name........

Also, being a fellow professional, I would request you to change your profile picture from the one displayed by you....(smoking cigarettes.in your profile picture.....think about my picture now !!!!.)

Your feelings is understandable, but there is a way and platform to express it.....not in public forums like this.......

I would appreciate if you stop this here and not send any more un-professional messages with your own thinking and understanding and interlinking of thoughts in your mind.....let us try to contribute something positively and learn something positively.....

Pralay Chakraborty (Service) (482 Points)
Replied 24 June 2011

Originally posted by : CMA.Ravindran D. K.

Hi Pralay,

Well , the Caclub forum is for interactive and intellectual discussions and responsive suggestions which is a great platform for each and every one in the accounts field irrespective of their qualifications and professional expertise......this being the case, let us not exhibit un-professionalism by talking about individuals and another professional institute......

Reply to para 1: Mr. Ravindran i think u’v nt gone through properly my post,neither i tk the name of any ‘institute’ nor i order any ‘individual’ to chnge his/her pic,it was my request,its upto that individual of course.So, it seems that I DID NOT exihbit ‘unprofessionalism’ to any particular institute,or individual [my qoute was  “It will be good for us(CMAs)  if u cud chnge ur profile pic here.....”]

For your information, my avatar picture has got nothing to do with any institute in particular nor that profile picture was selected with any intention...........However, for your kind information....I am doing CA-Final also and the picture does become relevant if you think in that direction.....also, I have every right to select a picture of my choice .......

Reply to para.2 : I think u took my words personally,not sportingly/professionally.i had no intention to say smthing personally to u,it was a request for our profession(As u r now CMA only...Hope  u’ll tk this post sportingly/professionally).NOWHERE  i mentioned that u dnt hv right to choose a profile pic,did i??Yes u hv every right to choose any pic. I request u for the betterment/recognition of our CMA Institute.(plz let me know which line of my earlier post implied that i said u dnt hv any right to choose profile pic)

Well, I am very proud to be a CMA, which is the result of my 5 years of hard work and sincerity and sacrifices that I have done to reach that milestone in my life and I am very happy and proud about it which is preceisely why I used CMA infront of my name........

Reply to para 3: That is what i wanted to mean.like u All CMAs worked very hard, sacrifices many things in dere life to bcm a CMA,if eveything is so,why shud nt CMAs will not b recognised?We r CMAs not anything else,isnt it dear??(But u hv EVERY RIGHT to choose ur pic,i hv no ‘individual’ issue)

Also, being a fellow professional, I would request you to change your profile picture from the one displayed by you....(smoking cigarettes.in your profile picture.....think about my picture now !!!!.)

Reply to para 4 : thanks for ur suggestion Mr. Ravindran. But the thing is there is nothing  linked to ‘professionalism’ with picture of  Smoking cigarettes..dnt make ridiculous comment here.we r (atleast i'm) not here to quarrel.i said,cz it had sm link to our Institute/profession.i dint compare..and dont want to.I’v No Personal issue

Your feelings is understandable, but there is a way and platform to express it.....not in public forums like this.......

Reply to para 5 : if it is understandable to u, Mr. Ravindran,cud u please tell me what is the way and which is the forum to bring the exact reason for what ICWAI has not Becm ICMAI,even after green signal of Govt.? Or any other issues?? R we supposed to dicuss “privately”(not publicly),So that everyone should not know the truth??this is the forum where number of finance professionals as well as others interact.i blv this is the a platform to inform all about the truth(though number of other options r dere). If there is an ‘unprofessionalism’ for saying smthing as per u,then cud u plz through a light on where is the ‘professionalism’ of  So called ‘professional’ institute for opposing change of name of another institute??if that institute can do smthing like this(and many other things they hv also done in past) then whre is the ‘unprofessionalism’ in saying tht???Rit????? I said only the truth, even u know that very well. (its not my ‘own thinking and understanding’).

I would appreciate if you stop this here and not send any more un-professional messages with your own thinking and understanding and interlinking of thoughts in your mind.....let us try to contribute something positively and learn something positively.....

Reply to para 5 : please dont support(or be quite against of) different ‘unprofessional’ steps of that So called ‘professional’ institute..there is nothig ‘professionalism’ for supporting(or being quite  against of) those steps..Rather its my humble request as a professional that bring the truth into the limelight for the sake of others... And......plz have a look of  ‘my ontribution’ in my profile..am sure u’ll gt ur ans for saying “let us try to contribute something positively.....”

Sorry for such a big reply...but u'v nt left any other options for me..and i dn wan to discuss in this topic with u anymore...cz u'll again tk it personally..do whatever....and all the very best for ur future!!

thanks,

CMA. Pralay Chakraborty

(Cost & Management Accountant)

CMA.Ravindran D. K. (Management Accountant) (46 Points)
Replied 24 June 2011

Hi Pralay,

You have replied Para by Para in "Red" Font to my normal reply......

Though I can reply in a different "Colour" Font to EACH line of your reply (like how you have done it ) ,   I don't want to waste my time and the time of other professionals in reading this.......Please Let us stop this..

Thanks

CMA.Ravindran

CMA. Rakesh Kataria (Practising Cost Accountant)   (531 Points)
Replied 29 June 2011

All the members and students of ICWAI is already got the good news, Now recently Cost Accounting Record Rules and Cost Audit Report Rules are changed. Our profession got recognition which we demanded for last 54 years. Government of India implemented Expert Group recommendation.

New cost audit report format is circulated, this report contains performance appraisal of the company by cost Accountant, It is very good development and it recognises the Cost Accountant as Management Accountant.

Regarding the name change of ICWAI, now government of India is proactive and all the members of ICWAI will get the good news very soon. Group of ministers will decide the matter and all us know that Government of India is very keen to provide opportunity to Cost Accountants of India at international level by changing the name of the institute. ICAI views were discarded by government.

I am extremely sorry to say that our big brother ( ICAI) is still against us despite the fact that we are now 54 years of old institute and doing excellent job in Cost and management Accounting. ICWAI is the first institute in the world which developed the “Cost Accounting Standards” International Federation of Accountant also appreciates the hard work done by the members of ICWAI. Very soon ICWAI is going to issue “Cost Accounting Standard on Climate Change” it will be first kind of Accounting standard in the world.

In the field of financial accounting we are following the world but in the field of Cost accounting world is following us.

Provide to be Cost and Managment Accountant

CMA. Rakesh Kataria 

sandip das (service) (54 Points)
Replied 01 July 2011

Now Cost Audit is mandatory based on turnover or Compliance certificate from Cost Accountant require in case of turnover is upto 20 Crores.

I am very happy and Congratulate to all members of ICWAI and thank for concrete contribution and initiative of our President & their Team toward the above notification, this will open the scope for practicing & employed Cost Accountants and also uplift the  CWA profession.

Rajendra S Bhati Mumbai (finance) (150 Points)
Replied 01 July 2011

this week in Business standard news say "ab badlage ki cost accountant ki kismat rekha " boz government has mandate for some industry pricing by cost accountant

CMA_sujeet kumar sahu ( Dy. Manager (F&A)) (145 Points)
Replied 27 July 2011

Hi guys

can anybody justify the existence to Head quarter of ICWA in KOlkata

when Ministry is in New Delhi

When all Big corporates are in New Delhi

All the big placements on behalf of ICWA are done from New Delhi

All embassy are in New Delhi

then why Head office of ICWAI in KOLKATA??

We are undervalued due to marketing and nothing else

CMA. Rakesh Kataria (Practising Cost Accountant)   (531 Points)
Replied 28 July 2011

I am also agree with Sujeet, we nned to shift our head office to New Delhi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: