Results of ca final exam held in may,2012

Anand Mohan (Proprietor) (55 Points)

21 July 2012  

Dear friends,

I request your kind attention to the table of CA final results of exams held in May,2012 released by the CA institute. The said table is divided in three parts,viz.,

1. candidate appeared in both groups and passed in both groups = 5075/30976

2. candidates appeared in first group and passed in first group=      12912/51002

3. candidates appeared in second group and passed in second group=  16325/55108

In my view, the said table does not give meaningful picture.

Let me explain:

The row of group I results in the table also include in it the students who took both groups and passed in both groups, who took both groups but passed in first group and who took only first group and passed in that group.

The same analogy applies to the row depicting second group results.

It means that the same student is counted twice if he has taken both groups and passed in both or any one group(once in the first row and then in the second or third row also as the case may be).

According to the President message in May, 12 total 83327 students have applied to sit in May,12 final exam. It seems that some students may not have sit in the exams and if we derive the numbers from the table released by institute, total 75134 students actually took final exam for both or only first or only second group.

I request the institute to present the data in following format so a clear picture is available to students:

1.Students appeared in both groups and passed in both groups

2. Students appeared in both groups and passed in first group

3. Students appeared in both groups and passed in second group

4.Students appeared only in first group and passed in that group

5.Students appeared only in second group and passed in that group.

I request readers also to correct me in case i have gone wrong .

Thanks

Anand Mohan

FCA

anandmohan311 @ gmail.com