Resolve tax problems for withheld tax.

Gaurav (Software developer) (27 Points)

25 July 2016  
I'm filing out my tax returns for FY 2015-16. For this year, I had multiple jobs (from April 2015- Oct 2015 for employer 1, and Oct'15 mid to Feb 2016). I wasn't paid salary for Mar 2016, so I don't think that will affect ITR. Employer 1 has correctly calculated my tax, and I have no problems with it. Employer 2 discarded my previous income (Apr 15- Oct'15), and calculated tax on the basis of 10% slab for Oct'15 - Feb'16. So, I need to pay the tax for the second employer as it comes under 20% slab had the income been combined. The problem is that employer 2 hasn't issued me a form 16, and for the months of Jan and Feb'16, TDS has been deducted at source, but they haven't filed the data for Q1 2016 to govt. In this particular scenario, what would be correct resolution: 1. I pay tax again for Jan+Feb'16 to the govt, and wait for my previous employer (Employer 2) to file their taxes so that I get a refund for the extra tax. This is the easiest one, but I've no trust over my previous employer so I wish to discard this option. 2. I don't show any income for Jan, Feb 2016 and file my taxes till Dec 2015 (till which entries are present in Form 26AS). I wait for my employer to file their returns for Q1 2016, post which the IRS contacts me for remaining tax (20% one) of Jan, Feb 2016. 3. I pay only the extra tax (the 20% slab which I need to pay over the 10% which I was charged at second employer), and attach the salary slips of Jan, Feb 2016 to the govt to show that I indeed paid tax for those months but my employer didn't report it to you. Which of these options seem viable and correct? I'd highly appreciate some suggestions.