Regarding Candle Protests post 26/11

Krunal Raichura (Financial Advisory) (2134 Points)

26 December 2008  

This is regarding the candle protests that happened in Mumbai post the attacks on Nov 26.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know that my attention and the attention of many others like me on your lipsticks, powder and the brands on your body will turn you off. We agree it is none of our business as to the footwear and clothes you wear and whether you come out to protest with / without powder and lipsticks.

During the candle protests, a lot of people wanted to know where Raj Thackeray is, some crowd wanted some answers from some politicians, some crowd wanted somebody to resign etc.

Instead of asking who's where, I think you all should have asked yourself where you were in July 11, 06 and even earlier when there were bomb blasts several times in trains and buses? Why are you so selfish and materialistic that your emotions and your conscious wake up only when your rich people die? How many of you visited the bus stands, stations where blasts have been taking place in the last many years? If you would have said enough is enough earlier, maybe things would have been far better now.
Since 1993 till date we have had many bomb blasts and attacks in Mumbai.
When it is an attack on the Taj and Oberoi it is an attack on the nation and there are thousands of people to come out and stand with candles and  demand resignations and even get them. Your emotions and conscious wakes up when it is an attack on Taj & Oberoi. However, when it is an attack in trains or bus stands/buses like e had in July 11, 06 and earlier in ghatkopar, mulund, zaveri bazar etc....it is not an attack on the nation, and there is nobody to come out with candles and protest and demand anybodys resignation, nor is there any action from the political side.

Where were all of you when these people from Bangladesh, UP & Bihar and other states came to your state and illegally took hold of your government’s property and gave visibility to your city by achieving the highest slum settlements? Why didn’t you take candles that time and burnt these illegal slum settlements?
Who is responsible for making Mumbai the slum capital of the World? Is it Mr. Raj or Maharashtrians or Gujarati's or is it the outsiders?

During the recent terror attacks, a lot of people had died just because of non-availability of blood. Instead of going to colaba with candles, if you people would have donated blood, a lot of lives could have been saved.
Do you really feel these candles can change anything? It may have changed the CM or Home minister....but does it assure you that the new one's will be good? Do these candles add any value to this country?