Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Corporate Law >

Re appointment of MD & sec.301

Pages : 1

assi. company secretary

[ Scorecard : 424]
Posted On 03 July 2013 at 16:47 Report Abuse

in case of Re-appointmnent of MD ,he/she is regarded as interested in that perticuler agreement, 

so my query is that whether the contract of re-appointment of MD should be entered in the register of contract in which directors are interested u/s 301 ?

Please reply as soon as possible , it is little urgent.

Thank you

Online classes for CA CS CMA

ACS Deepika Chowdhary
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 270]
Posted On 04 July 2013 at 09:45

Originally posted by : yogesh

in case of Re-appointmnent of MD ,he/she is regarded as interested in that perticuler agreement, 

so my query is that whether the contract of re-appointment of MD should be entered in the register of contract in which directors are interested u/s 301 ?

Please reply as soon as possible , it is little urgent.

Thank you

Yes particulars of his reappointment are required to enter in 301 register, and if any director is relative/any other way interested in his reappointment, his name also has to be shown in interested directors

YOGESH
assi. company secretary

Posted On 04 July 2013 at 09:57

Dear miss Deepika, Thank you very much for your reply.

but your reply has made me little confused because one of expert of CACLUBINDIA  Mr Ajay Mishra told me that. it can not be entered into register u/s301.

he said that, the register of contract maintained with company u/s 301 is only for contract covered u/s 297 &299.

so appointment of director covered u/s 269 so as per his opinion it should be given in register maintained u/s 303 of the Act.

so, please remove my confusion in this

thank you

YOGESH
assi. company secretary

Posted On 04 July 2013 at 10:51

Dear Deepika Madam, can you please see this link,

http://www.caclubindia.com/experts/re-appointment-of-md-sec-301-1355199.asp

Vidisha Gupta
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 91]
Posted On 04 July 2013 at 12:02

Dear yogesh, In my opinion as per sect5ion 301 only contract to which section 297 and 299 applicable is required to recorded in ragister maintened under this section and secondly with regard to interest in appoinment of MD is cocerned the only thing is to do to inform member within 21 days of re-appoinment or any change in term of appoinment .......for detail plz refer sec 302. ........

Sneha
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 1541]
Posted On 04 July 2013 at 12:07

I agree with the view of expert Mr. Ajay Mishra.

Acc to Sec 299 and 301 director have to give the declaration of his interest in the company/firms where he is interested. Now the director of the Company gives disclosure of interest in other Companies. He is obviously interested in the Company in which he is giving declaration. So it seems funny to enter in register that director is interested in the Company for which register is being maintained.

YOGESH
assi. company secretary

Posted On 04 July 2013 at 12:19

thank you all for taking time to answer this query.

shikha tiwari
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE

[ Scorecard : 371]
Posted On 04 July 2013 at 14:38

Originally posted by : yogesh

Dear miss Deepika, Thank you very much for your reply.

but your reply has made me little confused because one of expert of CACLUBINDIA  Mr Ajay Mishra told me that. it can not be entered into register u/s301.

he said that, the register of contract maintained with company u/s 301 is only for contract covered u/s 297 &299.

so appointment of director covered u/s 269 so as per his opinion it should be given in register maintained u/s 303 of the Act.

so, please remove my confusion in this

thank you

YES in  the register of contract under sec 301 , the particulras of contract as per sec 297 &  299 is entered only.

the particulars of md's re-appointment cant be enterd in the register of contract. The registre of contarct covers up two parts ,PART I & PART II ....PART I covers particulars of contract as per sec 297   and PART II covers declartion as to the nature of interst as per sec 299.

Total thanks : 1 times

There are 7 Replies to this message

Related Files