Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > VAT >

Rate of tax under Central Sales Tax Act, 1956 from 1.4.2008

Pages : 1 2

CA CS B. Com. NCFM (Capital market)

[ Scorecard : 22766]
Posted On 24 April 2008 at 16:46 Report Abuse

Mumbai, Dt.15.04.2008

Trade Cir. No.14 T of 2008

Sub: Rate of tax under Central Sales Tax Act, 1956 from 1.4.2008.

Gentlemen/Sir/Madam,

In his speech on the Budget Estimates the  Hon’ ble Union Finance Minister has declared that the rate of Central Sales Tax will be reduced from 3% to 2% from w.e.f. 1st April 2008. However, the Notification regarding reducing the rate of tax from 3% to 2% has not been issued so far by the Union Government. Therefore, rate of tax under Central Sales Tax continues to be 3%. It is hereby made clear that dealers should continue to collect and pay Central Sales Tax @ 3% on their inter-state sales from 1st April 2008. Any change in the applicable rate will be brought to the notice of the trade.  
2.       This circular cannot be made use of for legal interpretation of provisions of law as it is clarificatory in nature. If any member of the trade has any doubt, he may refer the matter to this office for further clarification.
 3.      You are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of the members of your association.
                                                                               Yours faithfully,

(SANJAY BHATIA)
   Commissioner of Sales Tax,
 MaharashtraState, Mumbai.

No.CST-1007/1/Adm-3/Adm-5                                         Mumbai, Dt.15.04.2008

Online classes for CA CS CMA

C.rajesh
Articles

[ Scorecard : 1392]
Posted On 24 April 2008 at 17:14

thanks sir for clarification

(Guest)
Posted On 09 May 2008 at 11:28

What is latest position of CST %

Is it 3% or 2%

Regards

Nandakumar

vara
MANAGER

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 12 May 2008 at 16:07

i am t.vara prasad, working as a accounts manager, in a leading manufacturing unit at hyderabad i.e, JEEVAN POLYMERS PVT LTD,

i need latest update ?

vara
MANAGER

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 12 May 2008 at 16:07

i am t.vara prasad, working as a accounts manager, in a leading manufacturing unit at hyderabad i.e, JEEVAN POLYMERS PVT LTD,

i need latest update ?

(Guest)
Posted On 08 September 2008 at 15:48

what is cst rate for goods charged before 1st june but commercial invoice raised in after changed of cst from 3 % to 2%. give details of rules etc

gaurav Lalit
Lawyer

[ Scorecard : 20]
Posted On 13 November 2008 at 14:06

Originally posted by :CA Prakash Somani
"  

Mumbai, Dt.15.04.2008
Trade Cir. No.14 T of 2008

Sub: Rate of tax under Central Sales Tax Act, 1956 from 1.4.2008.

Gentlemen/Sir/Madam,

In his speech on the Budget Estimates the  Hon’ ble Union Finance Minister has declared that the rate of Central Sales Tax will be reduced from 3% to 2% from w.e.f. 1st April 2008. However, the Notification regarding reducing the rate of tax from 3% to 2% has not been issued so far by the Union Government. Therefore, rate of tax under Central Sales Tax continues to be 3%. It is hereby made clear that dealers should continue to collect and pay Central Sales Tax @ 3% on their inter-state sales from 1st April 2008. Any change in the applicable rate will be brought to the notice of the trade.  
2.       This circular cannot be made use of for legal interpretation of provisions of law as it is clarificatory in nature. If any member of the trade has any doubt, he may refer the matter to this office for further clarification.
 3.      You are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of the members of your association.
                                                                               Yours faithfully,

(SANJAY BHATIA)
   Commissioner of Sales Tax,
 MaharashtraState, Mumbai.

No.CST-1007/1/Adm-3/Adm-5                                         Mumbai, Dt.15.04.2008
"

JIBAN SANKHALI TRIPATHY
SEVICE

[ Scorecard : 20]
Posted On 21 November 2008 at 15:28

central sales tax @ 2% is effective from 01.04.2008.

(Guest)
Posted On 21 November 2008 at 23:00

I am the register dealer, i sold goods to Delhi dealer against C form Sales for the financial year 2005-06. The Delhi dealer issued C form. But now it is missing. I approched Delhi dealer for getting duplicate C form. But he is not respond my necessity.How can get duplicate c form in lieu of Original C form .

(Guest)
Posted On 09 December 2008 at 16:49

Hi

i m pursuing CA and CS course. Plz guide me accordingly.

There are 11 Replies to this message

Related Files