Query regarding pan details correction

(Guest)

Hello,

My friend holds a valid PAN a PAN card. He wishes to modify the details of the PAN like signature, photograph and name on card. He initially got his PAN done through an agent. Now we wish to submit online correction of PAN data. But there are some issues as mentioned below.

1)      He is a citizen of Nepal and he holds Nepalese passport. Please note during original PAN through agent he didn’t have passport so I am not sure whether agent applied as resident or foreign citizen category.

2)      As proof of identity he only has passport and proof of residence we have the rent receipt in desired format.

Queries:

1)      Now in order to apply for correction of PAN data, what should be the category I should apply? Citizen of Indian – Yes or No on the tin correction application website?

2)      Will the documents submitted – proof of identity as passport and proof of address as rent receipt enough if we select Yes in option 1 ?

3)      If I select No in (1), can I become representative assesse for him and submit my documents on his behalf as I am Indian citizen and employed with Infosys Limited.

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,