Provident Fund Withdrawal

Can anyone please tell me how to calculate tax in the following scenario:

I left a company after working for 2 years and decided to withdraw amount from my PF. I received around INR 1.49 lakhs (total 2.15 lakhs less TDS @ 30% i.e INR 0.66 lakhs). I don't have the bifurcation of total amount of INR 2.15 lakhs. How shall I calculate my tax liability since the total amount included mine as well employer's contribution (employer's contribution already taxed). I thought of adding deductions on account of PF I have claimed u/s 80C in previous years and taking it as my income and calculate tax accordingly.

Replies (3)

 PF withdrawn before 5 years of completion of service is fully taxable in the year in which it is withdrawn.

I think your company has taken that into account before making deduction of tax at source.

Please ask your company for Form 16 .

Then it would be really clear for you.

Isn't it that in case of PF withdrawal before 5 years of service, only employee's contribution is taxable as the same has been claimed as deduction u/s 80C earlier?

wel i thnk it will b fully taxable 2 u in the p.y. in which u leave d service , so u dnt need ne bifurcation as such..

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details