close x

Provident fund for contract labour

Hi

I need suggestion on  deduction of PF from contract labour payments.

our company used to get contract labour serivces from third party during  FY 2006-07 but the  labour provider ( third party) did not subscribed  PF for employees. we had accounted their payment directly to contract labour A/C.  there is no break up for these payment and paid  consoldated amount. total number of emplyees  were morthan 20 numbers. 

please suggest me , how to  overcome this problem to avoid penalty from PF Dept.

As Liability to deduct PF becomes of the company that employs contract labour  as per the labour law.

Total thanks : 1 times

Chartered Accountant

Primary responsibility is of principle employer means in our company we are ensuring PF payment by contractor then we give N.O.C. to them and release the payment

Thank you very much kamlesh

Auto Dealers

what if the labour contractor has less than 20 employees, are we still as a principal employer liable for pf

(Guest)

dear friends,

can i get below information:

1 Is pf & esi applicable on truck loading/unloading bill ?

2 Is service tax applicable on principle employer's share (PF & ESI)?

3 Is contract labour exemption possible (pf & esi)

Warm Regards

Purushottam Jangir

MGR - HR & ADM

Hii

I need suggestion on  deduction of PF/ESIC on Contract (Civil/Site/Project Work) work.

our company is basicaly registered at nagpur and done the business activity in all over india (Construction work/Project Work) with 10 to 15 workers . some companies (Recently in Delhi)  deny to pay any amount (the amount is appx 55lacs) against work done by firm due to non regisration of PF/ESIC . 

please suggest me , how to  overcome this problem to solve this problem.

what if contractor have only  less than 20 employees

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :