Property tax self assessment scheme karnataka

michael rao (Others) (30 Points)

11 March 2015  

In Karnataka property owners now can provide their own self assessment of their property they do so by calculating the square feet of the house so as to decrease the influence of govt assessors .in the current case i has assessed my property to be 10,000 sq ft and continued to pay taxes on 10,000 sq ft but after 6 years the govt assessors assessed his property to be 18,000 sq ft.The municipal commissioner has the right to open any case within 6 years for reassessment. Now what i want to know if i can 1. Pay off the the municipality in a one time payment this year for the additional 8,000 sq ft "only for this year" and then continue to pay for 18,000 sq ft now onward. 2.but i'm worried if i do accept the mistake would that then make me liable to pay also for the past 6 years. i need to know what will be my best course of action and if there is any standing order guidelines provided by the Bangalore municipal corporation in this regard or any similar case as mine and what will be its implications if i take the matter to court.