Professional Insights on CA Articleship.

Gautam Pahuja (CA Aspirant) (41 Points)

07 October 2023  
Actually, I heard this somewhere that If one is inclined towards business & want to learn some business sense, the niches like 'Audit' & 'Investment Banking' can be a good start, but I'm, being an business as well as an CA Aspirant, in a bit in skepticism and contemplating where to do my CA Articleship in that case, either in Big 4's or Mid-Size?
Also, is it true that in Big 4's, particularly in CA Articleship, one can get the chance to actually look at the bigger picture of businesses, especially in the fields like audit, & exposed to more complex business scenarios, startup 's & all, for instance, whereas in Mid-Size firm's such business exposure is not there, and overall the business exposure is limited, maybe to the SMEs only.
Apart from that, I'm also doubtful on what should be the case if I get any business opportunity, maybe any passive business or semi-passive business idea, in between my articleship period, should there be an 'Take-On Approach' or not?, what I personally think is that 'Yes, there should be', but I'm unsure of it's practicality in the sense of commitment of time & the money at the stake.