Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Career > CMA >

Please Help - Scope of ICWA ?

Pages : 1 2

Accountant

[ Scorecard : 78]
Posted On 13 March 2010 at 21:45 Report Abuse

I am really confused to deciding the professional course. I am 23 years old and working as an Accountant in Partnership Firm.

I am graduate (B.Com) from Delhi Unversity and besides I have a work experience of 4 years in Accounts and Finance. I am deciding to do the ICWA. but when I go to Industry Professionals (CA's etc.) they don't give the positive signs towards ICWA.

Please help me should I go for ICWA. If I do ICWA then what is the scope after that for me.

Please Help me

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Member (Account Deleted)

[ Scorecard : 1790]
Posted On 13 March 2010 at 22:07

As u have experience in Account & Finance, CA is better.

CWA has also good scope in manufacture industries and in private practice.

Now its depend on your future plan.

if u want to  join CWA, u can directly enrolled in Inter as u r graduate, but in CA u required to pass CPT.

Have a bri8 Future...

All The Best

Suresh G
Final Student

[ Scorecard : 267]
Posted On 15 March 2010 at 20:27

Hi Ketan .. for CA also after Graduation one can enroll into Inter/PEII/PCC equivalent .. This is the position till now/in old pattern.

However under new scheme as told by you only 10+2 need to enroll for CPT and after completion to IPCC of CA.

I see there is no exemption from foundation/CPT for B.Com/Graduates .. Thanks for updating the current scenario.

Member (Account Deleted)

Posted On 15 March 2010 at 22:10

yes, suresh...This is current new scheme of ICAI course...

Visit www.icai.org

U will find all update about new scheme of education...

CMA Sonu...
Asst. Manager - Finance

[ Scorecard : 158]
Posted On 27 March 2010 at 23:16

No doubt CA offers wider prospects... but u need to realize ur deeds & potentials first... Coz at this sensible age, wht evr u choose...1st- choose wisely.

nd 2nd- Don't only consider scope while joining... coz learning is a never ending road 

Blessings!!

Suresh G
Final Student

[ Scorecard : 267]
Posted On 29 March 2010 at 21:46

Yes I agree with Sonu.. It entirely depends on ones own choice and circumstances.

However a few points of demorcation..

As far as the jobs are concerned in F&A you find no difference when you are qualified before 28 yrs old.

As your age grows its truly the skill in the areas and then multiple qualifications you have will be the determining factors for ur growth and excellence.

Yes particularly the scope of CA in Practice is wider than CWA.

CMA Arif Farooqui
Cost Accountant

[ Scorecard : 4663]
Posted On 11 May 2010 at 22:09

both the courses had it value, you have to first decide you intrest. if you find intrest in financial A/c go for CA. if you are comftable with Cost & Mgmt A/c then you may go for CWA.

in job market CWA with 2-3 expreince had good value and demand.

AICWA Pooja Aggarwal
Cost Accountant

[ Scorecard : 43]
Posted On 25 May 2010 at 23:43

I am here in purpose to get Professional advise  of all of you . Actually I am ICWA qualified from past 2 years but still i am not able to get a good job. Therefore i decide to join a CA firm for expouser. But CA firm also not agree to pay anything .and industry demand atleast 2 years experience which i still dont have.
 currently i am working with a company which take a work like maintenance of inventory like how much material is coming and despatch kind. Please advise me what should i do. whether i quit my job or join a CA firm or  should i remain to stick my job. i also have a work experience in software development like ITR & TDS ,

Please help me out that how i can make my future bright with such a prestigious degree of ICWA. Sometimes it seems like i did big mistake doing ICWA instead of I should have joined CA atleast today i should be observe somewhere.

Thanks & Regards

Pooja Aggarwal

Member (Account Deleted)

Posted On 25 May 2010 at 23:55

I think u shud try in CA Big 4 firms...

Member (Account Deleted)
Senior Financial Analyst

[ Scorecard : 381]
Posted On 27 May 2010 at 13:49

Hi Pooja,

As far as I know, the demand of CWAs are not that bad. Becoz i have lots of friends who have done CWA and got placed immediately. Some of them have got govt. job through CWA campus and some are in pvt. sector and getting salaries at par with CAs.There must be lacking from your side. I would suggest you continue with your job and start ur new job search afresh. there are lots of opening coming. Analyse the reason of failure in interview which u have faced and prepare on those points. one more thing you can't get a good job only on the basis of ur degree, u have to prove that u have the kind of knowledge which a qualified person should have. generally company asks the questions related to the past experiences. so be prepared on what you have shown in ur CV.

Be confindent with what you have

All the best !!

Originally posted by : pooja aggarwal

I am here in purpose to get Professional advise  of all of you . Actually I am ICWA qualified from past 2 years but still i am not able to get a good job. Therefore i decide to join a CA firm for expouser. But CA firm also not agree to pay anything .and industry demand atleast 2 years experience which i still dont have.
 currently i am working with a company which take a work like maintenance of inventory like how much material is coming and despatch kind. Please advise me what should i do. whether i quit my job or join a CA firm or  should i remain to stick my job. i also have a work experience in software development like ITR & TDS ,

Please help me out that how i can make my future bright with such a prestigious degree of ICWA. Sometimes it seems like i did big mistake doing ICWA instead of I should have joined CA atleast today i should be observe somewhere.

Thanks & Regards

Pooja Aggarwal

Total thanks : 3 times

There are 16 Replies to this message

Related Files