Payment of penalty for delay in filing service tax return

Business

I have to file a service tax return for the period October 2011 to March 2012. Since the return is filied after due date, I have to pay the penalty or Rs. 1,000/-.

Kindly clarify the following points.

1) Under which head the penalty is to be paid ?

2) How to show the challan details in the return ( in return only one column is provided to show the challan details for Jan to March tax payment)

Thank You.

Uday.

Total likes : 1 times

Chartered Accountant

Originally posted by : Uday G

I have to file a service tax return for the period October 2011 to March 2012. Since the return is filied after due date, I have to pay the penalty or Rs. 1,000/-.

Kindly clarify the following points.

1) Under which head the penalty is to be paid ?

2) How to show the challan details in the return ( in return only one column is provided to show the challan details for Jan to March tax payment)

Thank You.

Uday.

There is a code of other receipt in every service, say in case of Chartered Accountants Service-

Service tax Code for Penalty - 00440093

Further there is option in return to add challan in the ST-3 return, by clicking on that you can add more challans.

Regards,

Pinky Agarwal.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

× Online Coaching My Enrolled Courses
Articles Forum News Experts Exams Share Files Income Tax Accounts Career Corporate Law Service Tax Video Judgements Rewards Top Members Events Albums Find Friends Featured Feed Scorecard Bookmarks Mock Test Poll Notification Knowledge Finder Coaching Institutes Trainee Corner Jobs
close x
  SHARE THIS