Easy Office

Pass out % icai(cost)

Page no : 3

None (student) (209 Points)
Replied 23 August 2012

All here attention please :-

Really the result of icwai is very less, you can observe this from press release uploaded by icwai

1. For June - 2012 inter pass out both groups = 1st roll no is 150022 and the last roll no is 653887

You can verify above from this link :- https://examicai.in/Resulticai/J12ICP.TXT

2. For June - 2012 final pass out both groups = 1st roll no is 700164 and the last roll no is 889521

You can verify above from this link :- https://examicai.in/Resulticai/J12FCP.TXT

1 Like

(Guest)

Let us not bring the discussion of ca vs cost accountants here. Let us not demean any institute. Just because someone is writing nasty comments about ICAI(Cost) we should not demean ICAI(Cost) profession by getting into a slandering match with him. Just ignore him and his comments. He seems to be suffering from some inferiority complex. A professional of CA OR ICAI(Cost) would never act in such a way and would never try to be so intimidating in a forum. Let Chartered Accountant be Chartered Accountants and Cost Accountants be Cost Accountants. Both are great proffessional qualification to have. Both institutes might have had differences in the past. But atleast steps are taken in the right direction by exempting the inter qualified candidates from both insitutes to have exemption from qualifying the foudation of both courses reciprocally. Let there be more co-operation and joint ventures in the field of financial,  and cost research by both the institutes in the future instead of taking not so constructive pot shots at each other. However I would re-iterate the need for ICAI(cost) institute to take steps more constructively into the betterment of its infrastructural facilities towards student development.

1 Like

john_laphadi (Accounts-Executive) (196 Points)
Replied 23 August 2012

@ Raj Kumar Gupta 

even CA's students & members is not happy with result given by CA Inst't consistently 15+ % in past 4 attempts ..

as some of my friends doing CA is saying that ... pass ho bi gaye tho kya fayyada hah..naukri tho milni nhi hah kyunki jo pahle pass hue hah unko bi naukri nahi mili hah abtak 

CMA inst't  (no. of students appeared) not declared offically.. but  (no. of student passed)  is declared is really very low !!!

on the ground of this...( CMA inst't passed candidate < CA inst't passed candidate ) 

we cannot compare CMA & CA toughness in any manner because

1. Syllabus has different approach 

2. Exams conducted in different pattern (eg  CA student studies DT & IDT for 200 marks as separete paper  wheras CMA studies only for 100 marks (FINAL) )

3.  talking abt Rumour .. Rumour is Roumor we cannot compare on such basis (Refer to CA LOKESH POKHRANA JAIN post)

Thanks 

Chandranath Banerjee (Cost Accountant & Company Secretary)   (235 Points)
Replied 23 August 2012

hi Raj how are you ? 
Still cursing CWA /CMA , Dost life me aur kuch nahi hai kaya?

(Guest)

ICAI(Cost) never publishes the total candidates appeared. However we can just look into some approximation over here. Mr Rasheed's figure of 190000 appeared in Finals is doubtful. I may be wrong here in my estimation. However there is an altogether 97centres(including two foreign centres) all around India and in Muscat and Dubai which had conducted the exams. And for 190000 Final students to appear in these centres each centre should approximately have accommodated 2000 candidates for final which seems highly unlikely. Hence the percentage of 0.39% complete pass can not be taken into account as showing to be the actual.  Now from the centre which I have personally appeared there were an average attendance for final only for approximately  300 candidates. There might be increase or decrease in other centres. So even if we take 500 students appeared for final from each centre the total number of students will be 48500(for finals). Now the approximate complete pass percentage comes to around 1.53%. Of course this percentage would increase to 2.55% if 300 candidates are taken for average appearance for finals from each centre.  Hence we may come to a conclusion that the average pass percentage is around 1.53% to some where around 5.00% which is still below the 16.48% of CA complete pass. However the % above would not reflect those candidates who have passed atleast one group. 

Hope the ICAI(Cost) students improve their performance in the next exams and take the exams more seriously to improve this percentage rather than blame the institute for hammering the final students.

(I may be totally wrong in my estimation as i have taken into account the bias of estimating the average number of final appeared by basing if from my centre. In that case my apologies.)

Archit CWA finals (Trainee) (45 Points)
Replied 23 August 2012

Statistics given by rashid are correct ...i have confirmed from my chapter office and management there on.........

(Guest)

archit @

since you have confirmed with the institute itself... the statistic of rashid is correct and i am f agree to it.

190000 students as stated and confirmed might not have attended both groups. Some of them might have only attended single group. so let us increase the % in respect to positive results for students passing in either one group  or complete pass.

Stage III = 643 passed

Stage IV = 223 passed

Stage III & IV = 743 passed

Total positive results = 1609 

% of positive results = 0.85%

% of Fully Pass = 0.39%

I am really surprised and happy to see that icai(cost) final appeared students for one group or both groups totalling 190000 students far outweigh the total no. of students for CA Final appeared(one group or both groups) totalling 137086 students in may 2012 exams(having much more centres).  I was personally under the impression of CA students outnumbering  the ICWA students in numbers appeared for exams till now. May be in my place, there might not be much awareness regarding costing profession and students might be joining for CA more. It might be different in majority of places in india.

Grey Matter (Owner) (56 Points)
Replied 24 August 2012

Test Series At Your Convenient Time & Choice of Paper. IPCC - INR 400 Per Paper & Final - INR 500 Per Paper. Inclusions - Total 3 Tests.1st Test - 50% Portion; 2nd Test -50% Portion; 3rd Test - Full Portion. Contact Credentials Academy , santacruz west (opposite station) +919820755877 or +919619086861 . Choice to write more papers, flexible dates and guidance. Revisions plus tests = SUCCESS.

Rashid (Partner) (322 Points)
Replied 24 August 2012

total fianl passout Roll No.  743,  go for this link & watch https://examicai.in/Resulticai/J12FCP.TXT

AHAMED. B (3 'C' - Final) (273 Points)
Replied 24 August 2012

Hi.. Professional colleagues (Members and Students)... Onething I would like to comment is ICAI(Cost) is on the rise.. There should not be degrading comments to be disclosed here. The suggestion by my fellow CA is acceptable. ICAI(Cost) shall be more transparent.. I feel the No. of Students who have completed CMA (Final) is very very low and its disheartening... 743 is quite astonishing... ICAI(Cost) has come up initiatives like Campus placements for Inter passed Students.. I feel this is unwarranted at this Level and shall be confined to Final Pass Outs.. They should motivate the Students to pursue Final Course and try completing it as quickly as possible so that the Membership shall be increased and which counters the lack of Passouts. Coz its difficult to work and study and complete the professional courses..

This is my honest suggestion.. Though my Primary goal is CA and practice as a CA in future I have no cheap recognition for either ICAI(Cost) or ICSI..

Regards,

B. AHAMED

Final - CA, CMA, CS

Pankaj (Student) (46 Points)
Replied 24 August 2012

i have given june 2012 term of exam and only 6 students completed degree from our chapter

gupta ji hawa me baten kr rae h.

Replied 24 August 2012

CWA ka jalwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....kam se kam koi kumar manglam birla ki tarah yaha CMA mein kam pass krne ko nhi bol rha.

https://www.cacscwa.in/forum/cas-face-major-challenge-from-mbas-kumar-mangalam-birla-t207.html

Replied 24 August 2012

@ Pankaj, 

Gupta ji ko aap ne TRISHANKU bana diya hai.....hawa me hi rehte hai.

(Guest)

Rashid bhai... Gupta ji ke bataon par jyada dhyan math do. Inhone hawa main he sab qualification le liya tha. Bahut brilliant aadmi hain....  

Three Cheers to Mr Gupta ji.

Advice to prospective CWA: Don't make him a role model since he was born brilliant and he passed the exams just like that "HAWA MAIN". Par ham log to dharthi main rahate hain ...isliya to all those appearing for CWA December exams--work hard and sincerely to clear. There is no hera pheri by the institute. It is the approach of the students to the exams which decides whether they pass or not. 

1 Like

praveen kumar kalluri ( student) (1032 Points)
Replied 24 August 2012

i think for cwa final  total appeared students are   around 30000 to 40000 why because .

from last past 10 exams the cwa inter passed outs are only appeared for cwa final .

so averagely  

5000*10=50000-average final passed outs 1000*10

i.e 40000 students.

** assumption of " if a final student fails appear again 10 times only .

sorry if i am wrong.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: