Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Corporate Law > Others >

PART IX CONVERSION OF PARTNERSHIP FIRM INTO LTD COMPANY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5

[ Scorecard : 33]
Posted On 03 March 2008 at 10:53 Report Abuse

what is the procedure to be followed for conversion of Parnership into a private ltd company Please clarify my following doubts 1. Can the minors who are parners in the firm be counted for the total of seven partners required as per companies act 2. Can HUF, a partner in the firm, be taken as on of the seven partners. 3. After conversion into a pvt ltd company, should the company pay the stampduty for registration of the immovable property  in the company;s name. 4. Suppose the partner's have both capital and current account in the firm's books, whether both will be added for the issue of shares in the ltd company 5. can we issue shares at a premium 6. Can we issue shares for part amount due to the partner and balace be treated as loan with interest.Can this be done if such a clause is provided in the partnership deed. CA SURYANARAYANAN

Online classes for CA CS CMA

S.Srinivasaraghavan
Chief Financial Officer and Co

[ Scorecard : 11273]
Posted On 03 March 2008 at 13:26

Procedure given in Chapter IX of Companies Act 1. Minors can not be members directly. 2. HUF can not, but the Kartha can. Kartha will be considered as member 3. No 4. Yes 5.Yes 6.Yes

(Guest)
Posted On 06 April 2008 at 15:11

hi, i want to know the procedure for conversion of firm into company.and what are the accounts required for that.

(Guest)
Posted On 19 April 2008 at 11:27

hi, i want to know the procedure for conversion of firm into company.and what are the accounts required for that.

(Guest)
Posted On 19 April 2008 at 11:29

i want to know the procedure for conversion of firm into company.and what are the accounts required for that.

PAGE 1,

VENU
student

[ Scorecard : 20]
Posted On 19 April 2008 at 11:51

i want to know the procedure for conversion of firm into company.and what are the accounts required for that.

VENU
student

[ Scorecard : 20]
Posted On 19 April 2008 at 11:52

sunil nair
executive

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 05 May 2008 at 13:59

Dear sir, am clear on the conversion of partnership firm to company by part ix but iam still not clear on the stamp duty to be paid for registration of immovable property. If you have an answer please mail it to me at sunilkondath @ hotmail.com

sunil nair
executive

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 05 May 2008 at 14:02

Hello Mr. Suryanarayanan,

I am in a same situation as yours.  Is there any answers on stamp duty.  Though the part ix says it is not a transfer but a sucession of the partnership firm by a company.  Please advice.

Sunil

(Guest)
Posted On 05 May 2008 at 15:53

KINDLY INFORM ME ABOUT THE PART IX COMPANIES AND LEGAL IMPLECATIONS OF SUCH COMPANIES.WHAT ARE THE BASIC DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PART IX AND OTHER COMPANIES AS PER COMPANIES ACT 1956?

There are 44 Replies to this message

Related Files