Easy Office
LCI Learning

November 2009 Examination

Page no : 2

juhi mehta (Article) (115 Points)
Replied 30 September 2009

thanx a ton...i really dont understand what icai wants...???

Mehta Kalpesh (Sr. Account Manager) (52 Points)

Complusory means nt hvg any option, then wat happen in theory paper & paper like costing. is it true?

Narayan (Student) (27 Points)

can any one confirm  me whether this announcement is applicable for CA FINAL both old n new courses ..

coz its clearly meant for PCE and IPCE and not PE2

so can we say it wil be for FINAL new course ?????

Khushboo Tibrewala (Article) (50 Points)

i think it is applicable for all the students of final old course also...he has clariied final examinations also..

Bonita (trainee) (218 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

such a shock can be expected only in these exams ......anyhow this is the one step towards eliminating the dummy articles at the inter level...with this step the institute is conveying the message that it will be very harsh on the dummy artilces....another shock after ban on transfer....!!!

Ashish Kedia (CA) (737 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

I think we should write a mail to the director of studies expressing displeasure about the development just 1 mth before exams

Venkat (Completed All Exams of CA ICWA CS MBA(F) M.Sc (Maths) DIEM CIMA(UK) &&& From USA --> CPA CMA CFM CISA CISM PMP AdVanced Certification in SAP-FI/CO *** Working in USA as a Manager with a Big-4 Consulting / Audit Firm)   (141 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

When we compare the CA course to other courses in the world like CPA, CMA, CFM, CISA, PMP, CIMA etc., CA structure, content and syllabus is as such very tough. An with that huge syllabus, even the choice of 1-2 questions are being removed (as such ACCOUNTS, DT do not have choice)... .this means, it is equal to our 3rd and 4th class question papers where there is on choice generally (in those days). It is not comparable to any exam within and out of India. But that does not mean that CA is going to get a unique position in the world or any more better position in India that it has. It only puts more pressure on students. Also pass percentages are going to drop even more (and compared to other courses from world, however the pass rates are far low here).

Apart from this the concept of Questions being more practical is fine but again, only practical questions can be answered by a GENERALIST very well and pass the exam without much theory knowledge. So, it should be balance of both.

As per me, NO CHOICE is not so a good decision.

(Guest)

CA institute is playing against the lives of the students.. There should be parity among the students writing the exams.. Just think that students who wrote exams six months back are given choices in exam paper and now suddenly a change..

And this will be repeeled soon in another two attempts making life of those writing the two attempts miserable..

praveen (Chartered Accountant) (6971 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

so will we be tested on specific services in Service Tax

PCC

santhosh (Student) (1174 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

anyway it's good to got the information atleast now...  Good luck to all who are appearing for november exam.......

krishna kumar (CA Final) (407 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

Dear Rahul,  

whether the same is applicable for PE2 students too??

Shiva Mudgil (Chartered Accountant) (31 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

I agree we should give a representation to the director of studies,why are they changing the pattern now,they can implement with new batches,it wud be difficult for us.on the pretext of this circular they are going to ask any damn thing to fail us.

Leena (A) (248 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

does this mean for all subjects all questions will be compulsory?????? In such case students will have to read everything.............

CA HARPREET SINGH (Job) (317 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

YES,LEENA STUDENT WILL HAVE TO READ EVERYTHING......KYA KARE..THIS  IS   CA

Akshat Sharaf (Deloitte Forensics) (360 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

guys.. whats the big fuss.. go and check the PREVIOUS YEAR'S papers.. it mention that ANSWERING ALL QUESTIONS ARE COMPULSORY.. there were choice in sub parts.. you dont really know the pattern..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: