Notice under section 1431a

vinod kumar soota (Others) (44 Points)

23 December 2013  

I had submitted my return for Assesment year 2013-14 but due to some mistake I had to revise that return and submitted the revised return also. There was a refund due of Rs.220 only. I received E-Mail from CPC that my origional return has been processed and the refund has been adjusted towards demand of Rs.31170 outstanding for the assement year 2011-12 wheras I never received any such intimation from I.Tax Department. Anyway I had paid all the taxes during that year and there was no question of any demand arising. Now, I have received assesment under section 143(1) for the revised return also and the refund of Rs.220 has been credited into my savings account. 

I would like to know why my origional return as well as revised return both have been processed and why assesment intimation for both the returns have been sent informing in one case that refund has been adjusted towards some old outstanding, for which I donot have any information and in another case they have sent the refund also.

I would like to add that the return for the assesment year 2011-12 was submitted manually whereas returns for the years 2010-11, 2012-13 and 2013-14 were submitted electronically.