Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

Notice of demand under section 156 of the income tax act.

Pages : 1

M.com,IC(W)AI - Inter

[ Scorecard : 665]
Posted On 15 September 2011 at 22:01 Report Abuse

Dear Sir,

Please any of one advice me , we got notice from income tax dept. recenlty , but i'm not able to understand what to do ?? even i'm trying upload that notice, pls advice me 

thanks in advance !!

Online classes for CA CS CMA

RISHABH JAIN
S.N.VERMA & CO.

[ Scorecard : 65]
Posted On 16 September 2011 at 17:03

have you received this notice along with some other notice????

CA SOURAV KUMAR GANDHI
B.com (H), CA

[ Scorecard : 133]
Posted On 16 September 2011 at 17:57

notice of demand is issued u/s 156 in respect of every order passed under this act. According to said section you have to deposit the amount demanded within 30 days from the date of receipt of notice. Other wise you will be deemed to be an assessee in default. The consequences of such default are:

INTEREST U/S 220: This interest is in addition to interest u/s 234A, 234B, 234C. Interest at the rate of 1% p.m. or part of month is to be paid after the expiry of said 30 days.

PENALTY U/S 221: The Assessing Officer can levy a penalty of an amount not exceeding the  amount demanded.

NOTE: It will be prudent to deposit the amount within 30 days.

Thanks & Regards

Sourav

Total thanks : 1 times

Shaik
M.com,IC(W)AI - Inter

[ Scorecard : 665]
Posted On 19 September 2011 at 23:00

Dear sir,

Thank you for great information !

But as per My accounting records we have paid evering clearly , then why the notice had been sent us ?

Ravindra
Officer Accounts & Taxation

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 26 August 2013 at 17:00

Dear sir, we have claim TDS amount in ITR FY 2008-09 and also submit original TDS certificate to AO, but that time AO has not consider our TDS amount in ITR calculation, now what I do of this TDS amount ?? can I apply to refund ?? Provision of IT Rs. 43,800.00 Less : TDS Rs. 1,74,959.00 Refund : Rs. 1,31,159.00 ( amounts as per ITR FY 2008-09 ) please help

Manish Sharma
CA Final

[ Scorecard : 37]
Posted On 02 September 2013 at 08:28

Please tell me after depositing the money u/s 156 in challan 280 under regular assessment(400) ,what extra procedure i have to follow? i mean that after submitting the amount i have to file any document on income tax site or anything to intimate the a.o that i have paid or just after payment i don't have to do anything

There are 5 Replies to this message

Related Files