Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > Efiling >

Non-receipt of Acknowledgement -ITR V

Pages : 1 2

Knowledge Seeker

[ Scorecard : 295]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 01:12 Report Abuse

I had sent ITR-V to Bangalore CPC on 16/5/2011 thro' SPEED POST. It is 2 weeks and I am yet to receive a confirmatory e-mail from the Department that they have received the ITR-V. My Queries :

1) Does the Department acknowledge the receipt of ITR-V? If so, in how many days?

2) If we do not receive an acknowledgement from CPC,how do we know that  ITR-V has indeed reached them?

3) In the absence of an acknowledgement from the Department that they have received the ITR-V, can we safely assume that the e-filing for A.Y.2011-12 is complete?

I'm sorry but this is the first time that I am e-filing and hence the doubts and apprehensions.Many thanks for all your inputs.

Total thanks : 1 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Deepesh Khatri
CA

[ Scorecard : 162]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 01:24

The dept. does not acknowledge receipt of ITR-V, it is assumed to be received. But if ITR-V does not reach CPC within 120 days of e-filing the return, an appropriate intimation is sent to the e-mail id of the assessee as specifed in the e-filed return conveying the same and specifying the time for sending the ITR-V.

Rahul Arora
CA Final Student

[ Scorecard : 328]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 01:34

CHECK ON THIS LINK....U WILL GET THE INFO THAT WHETHER THEY HAVE RECD UR ITR-V OR NOT

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/Services.do?screen=itrvReceiptStatus

Total thanks : 3 times

Dheeraj
Learner

[ Scorecard : 1075]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 07:49

Have patience and check the e-mail id (mentioned at the time of registration on www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) regularly.

If there is any default regarding receipt of ITR-V to CPC, Banglore

They will sent you a mail and you have to send one copy again.

you can send the copy either by registered post or speed post

CA ADITYA SHARMA
CA IN PRACTICE

[ Scorecard : 16661]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 08:06

Originally posted by : Dheeraj

Have patience and check the e-mail id (mentioned at the time of registration on www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) regularly.

Balaji
Knowledge Seeker

[ Scorecard : 295]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 10:44

@ Rahul - The link does not provide the status for A.Y. 2011-12.Any idea when they will activate the same for A.Y.2011-12?

@ Dheeraj - 1) Which means that by default it is assumed to have been received at CPC,Bangalore.Only on non-receipt,we are intimated. 2) You have mentioned that the copy of ITR-V,if asked for,can be sent by "Registered Post".I was under the impression that all communications with CPC,Bangalore is thro' ordinary post or speed post.Is there an exception in case of copy of ITR-V?

Pradeep Kumar
Article, CA Final

[ Scorecard : 227]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 10:55

Originally posted by : Dheeraj

Rahul Arora
CA Final Student

[ Scorecard : 328]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 14:17

@ Balaji....don't take tension....efiling has just started...due date for non audited returns is 31st july 2011...people generally file their returns near the due date...the link will be activated soon..& as all others are saying u will surely receive the acknowledgement soon through e-mail....DON'T WORRY...the entire process is reliable....u will also receive intimation u/s 143(1) through email once ur income  is assessed...but that will take time.

Total thanks : 2 times

manish ganatra
clark

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 17:59

the depatment  has send a receipt after one month of receive a speed post and any Queries the depatment was send a msg via e-mail. so don't worry ok. but you check your e-mail cont...ok

Ajay Rajai
Tax Advocate (Consultant) I.T and Documentation of Properties

[ Scorecard : 680]
Posted On 30 May 2011 at 18:01

@ Balaji.................. Yes, department does send Ack. of ITR-V within 15-20 days on email provided in ITR-V. If by chance, it is not sent of email, then u can at check Ack. of ITR V at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in After login, go to "My Account" and thereafter  "E processing Status". There u will see the status "ITR received". Click on it. It is the Ack. of ITR V submitted by you. Lastly u can also check the status of delivery of ITR V by speedpost number on http://services.ptcmysore.gov.in/speednettracking/. In case, status is not shown on efiling website then kindly call CPC bangalore. Intimate them PAN No., Date of filing and Speedpost Number and date of delivery of ITR V. They will reply you.

There are 11 Replies to this message

Related Files