Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

New 281 challan - tds with fees u/s 234e column

Pages : 1 2

PROPRIETOR

[ Scorecard : 119]
Posted On 05 July 2013 at 16:50 Report Abuse

There has been a change in the TDS Challan 281, whereby a new head "FEES u/s 234E" is added in Detail of Payment  below Income Tax Column.

but the same option is not yet available on making payment online, and even bank is not accepting this challan because they dont have this option of such FEES u/s 234E.

So how to make payment for the Intimation received u/s 200A of Income Tax Act.

Can someone guide about it?

Attached File : 453905 1197320 challanitns 281.pdf downloaded 4943 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

C.A. Jignesh N. Mehta
C.A.

[ Scorecard : 982]
Posted On 07 July 2013 at 19:28

it is not seen in the form, but it is available only after you login in the net banking website.

Just check after logining to your bank website , you will see the row for 234E interest - please fill the amount in that.

Digant Sanghvi
C.A.

[ Scorecard : 107]
Posted On 09 July 2013 at 19:21

Mr. Mehta,

My bank is Bank of Maharashtra. There is no such option of paying late fees u/s 234E. Kindly let me know which banks are giving this option

SURANA
PROPRIETOR

Posted On 09 July 2013 at 19:48

My client tried it yesterday with Bank of Baroda but he too did not find any such new option even after login.

Neither his Branch is willing to take the said challan.... due to this unknown colume for them.

So dont know how to make the payment for the same.

Jignesh Ji , if you know any bank taking such challan or if any bank has updated their online system accordingly to this option then please let us know.

Thanks in Advance.

C.A. Jignesh N. Mehta
C.A.

[ Scorecard : 982]
Posted On 09 July 2013 at 21:09

DEAR FRIENDS DIGNAT SANGHVI AND SURANAJI

YES I HAD MADE THIS PAYMENT FROM CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA WHICH IS SHOWING THAT OPTION.

I HOPE NOW YOU GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED.

SURANA
PROPRIETOR

Posted On 10 July 2013 at 19:51

Bank of Baroda still dont have this option for Fees u/s 234E.

Tax Payer wants to pay the said Challan but Bank doesnt have this option... neither bank is willing to accept it on counter because the Income tax Colume is ZERO in this case.

Department need to understand and try to impliment this provision from Bank Side too.

Notice with 30 Days time is sent without understand proper facility.

SURANA
PROPRIETOR

Posted On 12 July 2013 at 10:49

This New Challan do not have the option to mention the Code in itss Taxpayer Counterfoil (lower part) So it would be difficult to know from its face whether its deposited under 200 or 400.
Challan 280 mentions it.

SURANA
PROPRIETOR

Posted On 12 July 2013 at 10:55

Bank of Baroda (Gulalwadi Branch) is not taking challan where the Amount in Income Tax Detail is "0"

For Example if the Inmitation U/s 200A is for only the Fees under 234E - Rs.1600/-

So the Challan created was

Income Tax                              0
Fee under sec. 234E      1600
Surcharge                                0
Education Cess                      0
Interest                                     0
Penalty                                      0
Total                                    1600

Bank says they need atleast Re.1 in Income Tax Column to accept this challan.. So is this necessary to have some figure in Income Tax Column? Is other Bank/Branch too not accepting such challan?

BALKISHAN

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 01 October 2013 at 14:26

HI,

my query is, 

we have received order from TDS CPC for interest and late filing fees, we wish to make the payment online, but while going through online i found form no. 281 for tds payment on INcome tax india.gov.in, 

have selected tax on regular assessment, but didnot found the section in which i can put for payment under section and without selecting section i am not able to make the payment,

can you please advise how i should make the payment of of late filing fees of Etds.

BHAWESH KR JAIN

[ Scorecard : 40]
Posted On 08 October 2013 at 18:13

Same problem

There are 14 Replies to this message

Related Files