My two cents on chartered accountancy course

Ashok Kumar Sharma (Student) (319 Points)

02 August 2015  
Well the spirit of society and our neighbors gets boosted up when they hear that someone is doing CA. Chartered Accountancy course felt interesting and challenging, so I pulled up my socks and registered for it. But eventually when you understand the reality of the course, the course seems very lack of quality and the course pattern and evaluation process of the whole course is of medieval period. The beauty of the course is only low passing percentage and the fact that too less students get pass through that course. But when you move at the other side of the story, the quality aspect of the course you do realize that qualitatively this course has no significance and in substance lacks modernisation and seems to stick with the old industrial age. My assertion is based on the following observations. 1.) The students are failed in large numbers not because of they lacked anything or they did not studied but they are punished because they did not spit out what was written in the module. What kind of world we are living in? In this world and age memorization technique of evaulation of students in exam is as bad as using casette based games even though the xbox and ps4 are avaliable. Why we are not evaluated on our difference of opinion and putting out something original in the paper? Why they still expect us to write the same thing as they thought and if that is so then why the hell we talk about innovation in accounting profession. Even ICAI's own track record in innovation is very bad and the policies are only for paper and not in substance. Why cant we expect professionalism in the professional course. 2.) According to me the furore over how tough the CA course is unfounded. The whole beauty of CA course is low pass percentage and nothing more. This shows that the credibility will take hit if they passed the deserving candidate. Capping the pass percentage and brag about that everything is fine in checking system is not fair. Qualitatively the course structure is fractured and worth not working hard for. 3.) THe only good thing about the course is articleship but only few can make to the best firms with proper exposure, other students are forced to work under the boss they hate like hell. Thus the overall evaluation is that course is structurally fractured and need serious changes. I know your views will seriously differ than mine but you have freedom for your own views to express and no one will deduct marks for that.