My Tips and Tricks for Info.Tech

CA Madhukiran Reddy (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (12714 Points)

14 March 2011  

MY TIPS AND TRICKS FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

Friends, finally we came to climax of the series I mean the only balance subject in our journey the tips and tricks self study articles.

For the students who have a little knowledge about computer they can easily cope up with this subject. But who don’t have an at least knowledge about the computer god sake nobody can save them. Thatsy our institute introduced ITT programme. To give a minimum knowledge about the computer. With an opinion that everybody have a minimum knowledge about the computer we will go into the subject.

INTRODUCTION:

It is one of the subjects where we can try to score above 35 out of 50 marks. 10 marks will come from flow charts or Decision Tables and the balance 40 marks will come from the following first four chapters:

Chapter 1: Introduction to computers, Input and Output devices and software

Chapter 2: Data storage, Retrival and Database Management Systems (DBMS)

Chapter 3: Computer Networks and Network security

Chapter 4: Internet and Other Echnologies

Chapter 5: Flow charts

Chapter 6: Decision Tables

MY TIPS FOR THE EXAMINATION:

For the purpose of I will suggest only institute material. Terminologies which were given in that material, we have to use those key words in the examination to get good marks.

Previously I my attempt examiner asked 1 mark questions for 10 marks, but now the question pattern was totally changed.

Now examiner giving questions for choice also. I think there are no 1 mark questions now, one flow chart will give for 10 marks and the balance 40 marks will divide into 5 mark questions.

All the 5 marks questions will be direct questions. The only thing u have to do is understand the concept and has to mug up terminology.

While answering you has to write answer by presenting terminology.

I again saying terminology play an important role in Information Technology.

CHAPTER 1:

Normally in my attempt from this chapter we use to get only one mark questions. Nothing other than this. For your attempt nothing will be important from this chapter. If at all examiner wants to give he will give from Software rarely from Input and Output devices.

But I am sure that he will not touch Introduction to Computers. Because if he gives from this topic then it will not considered as CA exams instead we has to treat it as B.Com exam. 

If at all examiner wants to give question from this you will get nearly 4-6 marks.

CHAPTER 2:

Now we slowly come into important topics in Information Technology. This is one of the important areas in Info. Tech. From this chapter you will get nearly 6 – 11 marks.

CHAPTER 3:

Computer Network and Network Security, It is also one of the scoring chapter and most of the marks nearly up to 15 marks will come from this chapter.

So….. Give first importance to this chapter

CHAPTER 4:

Internet and other Ethnologies: Compare to all the chapters mentioned above this is a very small chapter nearly 5 – 7 marks will come from this chapter.

CHAPTER 5 & 6:

Flow charts and Decision tables: All of we know that surely 10 marks will come from these two chapters. Till now examiner not asked any question from the decision tables, our questions are always use to get from the flow charts. But please don’t neglect Decision tables, because any time he can ask question from this. So, give more importance to Flow chart and also have an idea about the Decision Tables.

STUDY SCHEDULE:

Now let’s go for the study schedule starting from 14th April:

Date

Schedule

No. of Days

No. of Marks

14th April

Chapter 1

1 day

4-6

15th April

Chapter 2 & 4

1 day

15-17

16th April

Chapter 3

1 day

17th April

Chapter 5 & 6

1 day

CONCLUSION:

By this we completed our study schedule for Info.tech also the only remaining Strategic Mgmt which I post it soon.

Hope that your preparation is going well according to our study schedules.

DISCLAIMER:

All of the information I wrote above is based on my understanding on the previous attempts question papers. But recently institute gave an announcement regarding Info.Tech that the 1st and 2nd Chapters are modified. So, there is chances to get more marks from these chapters in this may attempt and also chances get the deviation from the above.

So, Beware of the 1st two chapters.

MY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU:

Once again thanks to all the members who are encouraging me a lot. As usual I require your valuable comments tooooooo. Please share your comment over here ...

MY OTHER ARTICLES IN THE SERIES:

Also see my other articles in this Series:

My Tips n Tricks for Accounts

My Tips n Tricks for Taxation

My Tips n Tricks for Costing

My Tips n Tricks for Financial Management

My Tips n Tricks for Law

My Tips n Tricks for Auditing