Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Corporate Law > Others >

multi state credit Co-operative society

Pages : 1

no

[ Scorecard : 37]
Posted On 10 February 2011 at 10:54 Report Abuse

Can any one tell me the detailed procedure to incorporate a MULTI STATE CREDIT CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY. its urgent

Online classes for CA CS CMA

SANTOSH SHAH
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 749]
Posted On 10 February 2011 at 16:02

Originally posted by : anand raghuvanshi

Can any one tell me the detailed procedure to incorporate a MULTI STATE CREDIT CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY. its urgent

Hello Anand,

Please find the details on incorporation of co-op society. The procedure most possibly remains same but different states just check respective websites if they have anything more in specific  eg:- different forms.

As per CO-Operative Society Act 1912

Application for registration.

(1) For purposes of registration an application to register shall be made to the Registrar.
(2) The application shall be signed--
(a) in the case of a society of which no member is a registered society by at least ten persons qualified in accordance with the requirements of section 6, sub- section (1); and
(b) in the case of a society of which a member is a registered society, by a duly authorised person on behalf of every such registered society, and where all the members of the society are not registered societies, by ten other members or, when there are less than ten other members, by all of them.
(3) The application shall be accompanied by a copy of the proposed by- laws of the society, and the persons by whom or on whose behalf such application is made shall furnish such information in regard to the society as the Registrar may require.
9. Registration. If the Registrar is satisfied that a society has complied with the provisions of this Act and the rules and that its proposed by- laws are not contrary to the Act or to the rules, he may, if he thinks fit, register the society and its by- laws.
10. Evidence of registration. A certificate of registration signed by the Registrar shall be conclusive evidence that the society therein mentioned is duly registered unless it is proved that the registration of the society has been cancelled.
11. Amendment of the by- laws of a registered society.
(1) No amendment of the by- laws of a registered society shall be valid until the same has been registered under this Act, for which purpose a copy of the amendment shall be forwarded to the Registrar.
(2) If the Registrar is satisfied that any amendment of the by- laws is not contrary to this Act or to the rules, he may, if he thinks fit, register the amendment.
(3) When the Registrar registers an amendment of the by- laws of a registered society, he shall issue to the society a copy of the amendment certified by him, which shall be conclusive evidence that the same is duly registered.

For more information  please refer this link

Hope this helps.

Other views welcome.

regards

Santosh Shah.

Anand Raghuvanshi
no

[ Scorecard : 37]
Posted On 11 February 2011 at 16:11

Thanks Santosh, but i want to procedure for incorporate a Multi state credit cooparetive society. is there any diff. from incorporating a multi state cooperative society

SANTOSH SHAH
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 749]
Posted On 11 February 2011 at 16:38

Originally posted by : anand raghuvanshi

Thanks Santosh, but i want to procedure for incorporate a Multi state credit cooparetive society. is there any diff. from incorporating a multi state cooperative society

Hi Anand

Your query is covered under Multi State Co-operative society act 2002. This is again amended vide Bill presented in parliament in 2010,:- http://indiacurrentaffairs.org/amendment-of-the-multi-state-co-operative-societies-act-2002/

As per my research, reference to http://business.gov.in/starting_business/multistate_cooperative.php

please find the details below:

starting a Business
Starting a Business
Naming and Registering a Business:
Procedure for Registration of a Multi-State Cooperative Society
Previous Page
spacer
  • An application for registration of a Multi-State Cooperative society shall be made in the prescribed form (Form 1 and Form 2)

• the application shall be signed by:-
    • In the case of a multi-state Cooperative society of which all the members are individuals, by at least fifty persons from each of the states concerned.
    • In case the members are Cooperative Societies, by duly authorised representatives on behalf of at least five such societies as are not registered in the same state;
    • In case the members are other Multi-State Cooperative Societies and other Cooperative Societies, by duly authorised representatives of each of such societies; However, not less than two of the co-operative societies referred to in this clause, shall be such as are not registered in the same State
    • If the members are cooperative societies or multi-state Cooperative societies and individuals, by at least (i) fifty persons, being individuals from each of the two states or more and; (ii) one Cooperative society each from two states or more or one Multi-state Cooperative society.

• The application shall be accompanied by:-
    • four copies of the proposed Bye-laws.of the Multistate cooperative society.,duly signed by each of the persons who sign the application.
    • Name of the proposed multi-state cooperative society.
    • Head Quarters and address to be registered.
    • a list of persons who have contributed to the share capital, together with the amount contributed by each of them, and the admission fee paid by them.
    • Area of operation.
    • Main objectives
    • a certificate from the Bank or banks stating the credit balance in favour of the proposed multistate cooperative society.
    • a scheme showing the details explaining how the working of the multi-State co-operative society will be economically sound and the registration of such multi-State co-operative society will be beneficial for social and economic betterment of its members through self-help and mutual aid in accordance with the co-operative principles.
    • certified copy of the resolution of the promoters which shall specify the name and address of one of the applicants to whom the Central Registrar may address correspondence under the rules before registration and dispatch or hand over registration documents.

The relevant application forms can be obtained from the nearest Office of Registrar of Cooperatives

You can also refer the below link :-

http://business.gov.in/outerwin.php?id=http://agricoop.nic.in/sublegicoop1985rules.htm

Hope this helps. Other views welcome.

regards

Santosh Shah

Neeraj
Chartered Accountants

[ Scorecard : 61]
Posted On 29 March 2011 at 11:11

Dear Anand

had you recd any update on this

i also want to start the same if you can guide please help

SHAILENDRA KUMAR
Consultant

[ Scorecard : 33]
Posted On 13 September 2011 at 12:48

Dear Anand

You Just Go through the MSCS-2002 Act section 6 & 7 and MSCS 2002 rule section 3,4 & 6 that is self explanatory  and further if you required any speciifc clarification e- mail me I allready Registered a Multi State Society for my Clint and going to file one more society documents very soon.

Regards

Shailendra

mahesh
MARKETING MANAGER

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 04 February 2012 at 11:47

pls contact me on 09922507580 i will really help u for registration of multistate co op credit society since today i have helped many mscs in maharashtra

There are 6 Replies to this message

Related Files