YOU JUST MIGHT BE A WORKAHOLIC

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)

14 September 2009  

Many wonder what it takes to be a workaholic. Nobody suggests that being a workaholic is either a good thing or a bad thing but maybe it’s useful to determine if we are. Some of the symptoms are:

If it frustrates you that they don’t allow laptops on a Ferris wheel, you may be a workaholic.

If you are looking forward to Christmas this year because you’ll decide to take that afternoon off, you might be a workaholic.

If you don’t drink any beverages during the day because you’ll lose time having to go to the bathroom, you might be a workaholic.

If a Pay-Per-View movie is your idea of a vacation, then you just might be a workaholic.

If twenty minutes is too long for a lunch “hour,” you might be a workaholic.

If hobbies are something you will get into when you “get the time,” you may be a workaholic.

If the only time you’ve had off in the last three years was to attend your favorite uncle’s funeral, you might be a workaholic.

If you wish you weren’t so stressed but know that you will feel better as soon as you “get over the hump,” you might be a workaholic.

If the color of one side of your golf bag has faded and is different from the other side of the bag, you might be a workaholic.

If you promised your spouse “this is the only Sunday I’ll work” more than three times in the last year, you might just be a workaholic.

If you bring your spreadsheets to your son’s football game, you may be a workaholic.

If you sense that the smiles from those around you are somewhat synthetic, you might be a workaholic.

If you’ve told yourself, “I can cut back of my hours anytime, if I wanted to” more than three times in the last six months, you might be a workaholic.