Easy Office
LCI Learning

MEMORY TIPS

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ankur Garg
Thanks very much members for the kind gesture.

Thankyou Ankur...How did you get such a wonderful handwriting? Did you follow any handwriting course?Please help me Yaar!

Have you completed your CA? I see that you are a compliance officer and that you are an ACS...Am I correct?

NEEL.. (ca final, gr-1 cleard) (275 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

HI, ITS GREAT. PLS TELLL ME ABOUT  ATLAS METHOD...........................

(Guest)

Hi Laxmi...this problem is generally faced by many students. As per my knowledge and experience the most powerful method for remembering in exam is regular revision.

When you study certain topic on one day dont forget to revise the same after 4 or 5 days. After that again revise it after 7 to 8 days. Likewise keep doing the same.

Dont do like studying for 1st time and not revising it for longer time. If you do the same it will take you same time to study as you had taken it for the 1st time.

So regular and cyclical revision is must.

You try this and you will see the change.

All the best!!!

Rajeev Garg (DOF) (71 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Hi Priya,

Could you please paste the link for downloading Ankur's latest case laws in his handwriting. Will be a good help. Thanks in advance.

Replied 07 January 2010

Hi Priya,

Could you please paste the link for downloading Ankur's latest case laws in his handwriting. Will be a good help. Thanks in advance.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Originally posted by : Rajeev G.
Hi Priya,

Find below the link:

Tax Case Laws Digest 2009 

Replied 07 January 2010

Hi Priya,

Appreciate if you could paste the link for case law from Ankur.

Thanks in advance.

Hari Babu (CA Student) (82 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Really good and helpful. Thank you sir.

Replied 07 January 2010

Got it Ankur. Thanks a million.

CA KSB (Asst Manager) (105 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Find below some useful tips as desired by you:

1. First and most important point to improve your memory is focus on conceputal study.  

2. Another suggestion would focus on regular study and say bye bye to cramming.

3. Prepare short notes (single page) and paste them in your room (preferably on wall).

4. Study according to your plan.

5. Use abbreviation method. If you have 10 points to remember in a question give them a certain abbreviation and remember that abbreviation. See the example below:

In section 293 of Companies Act, 1956 there are 5 clauses from (a) to (e). My abbreviation to remember these 5 clauses is “SRIBC”. S=Sell/R=Remit/I=Invest/B=Borrow/C=Contribute. Have a look at Section-293 and verify yourself.

6. Have a one hour group discussion with your friends regarding selected exam oriented important topic. Discuss all the theoretical and practical aspects about that selected topic.

7. Try and workout on your recalling power.

8. Last but not the least forget that your need memory tips to perform well in your exam.

Best Regards

Sir really wonderful. Thank you.......

CA PRAVEEN KESHAV (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (331 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

useful tips which improves the memory power

1.use abbreviations

2.group discussion

3.conceputal study

4.regular study with revisions...................

Harshita (CA FINAL STUDENT) (116 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg
Hello Laxmi,

Find below some useful tips as desired by you:
1. First and most important point to improve your memory is focus on conceputal study.  
2. Another suggestion would focus on regular study and say bye bye to cramming.
3. Prepare short notes (single page) and paste them in your room (preferably on wall).
4. Study according to your plan.
5. Use abbreviation method. If you have 10 points to remember in a question give them a certain abbreviation and remember that abbreviation. See the example below:
In section 293 of Companies Act, 1956 there are 5 clauses from (a) to (e). My abbreviation to remember these 5 clauses is “SRIBC”. S=Sell/R=Remit/I=Invest/B=Borrow/C=Contribute. Have a look at Section-293 and verify yourself.
6. Have a one hour group discussion with your friends regarding selected exam oriented important topic. Discuss all the theoretical and practical aspects about that selected topic.
7. Try and workout on your recalling power.
8. Last but not the least forget that your need memory tips to perform well in your exam.

Best Regards

Great!!!!!!!!

santhosh (Student) (1174 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Very Nice Tips sir.... Thanks....

VIMAL (ASSISTANT MANAGER FINANCE)   (58 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

thanks

CA Rahul Jain (Article) (57 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Your problem was with some me.i am feeling that how can i memorize these books at a longer time. So i had started the solution of my this problem. I had searched at least 3-4 months on internet, read the books. then solution is that do study in this manner:
1). First only understand the concept.
2).Revised it next day.
3). Repeat it after 7 days.
4)Again Repeat it 1.5 mo
nth.
and last when it is required.

I promised u my friend you will not forget any time in your life of that topic.its my practical Experience.
Also do yoga and mediatation 15 minutes.
Go morning walk for 20 minutes.

I read income tax totally  on this basis. I have conceptualise knowledge of all the senction...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: