Managing - the masic word

CA Sanjay Bag (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (3340 Points)

14 July 2012  

Art of Managing :

In present scenario the word “ Managing” become  more and more important to us ; and it is not  only in our professional life but also in daily life.

However, by managing I does not mean to taking any kind of short cut or by pass the problem temporarily. To manage a team and its members we first have to understand the about the members in it.

Once Swami Vivekananda has told in his speech that “do not be a Leader, but be a worker”. In other words leading by setting examples.

In today world all most in every aspect of life team work become very much important ( This team may be your family, friends or office ). So, there by any chance if you hold a better post (it may be Manager, Senior Executive or family head) and it is your responsibilities to coordinate the all members properly.

In my opinion to become a good Manager we have first be a good man. We have to understand common human behavior and human physiology. Please, friends do not take as just a theoretical approach. Every man has his potentiality, we have to first respect them. In some one in the team creating problem as leader first you have to why he / she doing that. I personally believe that in today world it is possible to run a team efficiently by just shouting on others. Everyone has some self-respect we also have to respect them. But it does not mean some intentionally doing something wrong you just keep quite.

When taking tuition for MAFA from Mr. Sanjay Saraf – Kolkata, I have seen that he never soughed on us. But it is we always keep silence in his class (Expect when we have some genuine query).  

First we have to clear about our goal. Then this to be conveyed to others. If a Captain do not get respect from his own boys then this absolutely bad luck.

In this respect another thing we would like to mention if on the contrary the Leader do not have believe in his team it is again not good thing to say.

There is old say “with big power, big responsibilities’ are come”. So it is the leader who have to take some positive initiative to coordinate all the members as team. We have heard about Ganguli’ 11, Rickey Pointing 11, Steave Waugh 11, Pele’s 11 and also know that all were created history in their time. So, create your own team with a high standard.