Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > Tax planning >

Long term capital gain tax on sale of unlisted shares

Pages : 1

Job

[ Scorecard : 193]
Posted On 20 March 2012 at 17:41 Report Abuse

Hi,

Please let me know how we can save Long term Capital gains tax on Sale of Shares in a Pvt Ltd Company.  I have gone through the provisions but it says about purchase of home, investing in infrastructure bonds etc.  

Please let me know all the options available for saving tax on Long term Capital gains.

Thanks in advance

Online classes for CA CS CMA

daya shankar singh
CA ,CS

[ Scorecard : 471]
Posted On 20 March 2012 at 18:06

If you have LTCG, then following possibilty open for you to save your LTCG tax:-

1) Through the provision of  various Sec 54

2) Set off your LTCL, if possible 

Harish Naidu
Job

[ Scorecard : 193]
Posted On 20 March 2012 at 18:24

Sir,

1. We dont have any LTCL

2. Sec 54 of IT Act talks about only LTCG arising from sale of house

In this LTCG are arising from sale of unlisted shares, what are options available to save tax on this.

daya shankar singh
CA ,CS

[ Scorecard : 471]
Posted On 20 March 2012 at 18:41

I mean to say the provision of following relevant sec of 54

54EC.  Where the capital gain arises from the transfer of a long-term capital asset  and the assessee has, at any time within a period of six months after the date of such transfer, invested the whole or any part of capital gains in the long-term specified asset

54F.  the capital gain arises from the transfer of any long-term capital asset, not being a residential house  and the assessee has, within a period of one year before or two years after the date on which the transfer took place purchased, or has within a period of three years after that date constructed, a residential house (hereafter in this section referred to as the new asset), 

Total thanks : 1 times

There are 3 Replies to this message

Related Files