Guys, it is my open challenge:
The actual procedure for appointment of directors including single transferable voting & cumulative voting in depth with examples & statistics are covered in only Amit Karia's book.
U wont find it in any other CA Final book in India.
All other books just contian a reference (a single mention), but Amit Karia's book has the full method in detail...
Some important features which struck me in Amit Karia's book include:
1. All the explanations are given in points.
2. Directors, Managerial Remuneration & Powers of the Board are divided into three distinct chapters.
3. All practical problems are answered in points alongwith cross reference at the end of the theory.
4. The methods for appointment of directors ( I searched a lot for meaning of single transferable voting & cumulative voting but didint get anywhere) is also given alongwith statistical examples.
5. Latest case laws (matter decided in June 12) on Competition Act are also covered.
6. Competition Act - Section 5 on COMBINATIONS - Only in this book I found tabular presentations
7. Best Case Laws on Oppression & mismanagement & manner of writing case laws in exam is given...
What more can one ask for ???
I suggest go for best book - AMIT KARIA's CORPORATE & ALLIED LAWS, and u'll realize... All the Best.