Latest Java Requirement at MCA21 website

Amogh Gokhale (Not Applicable) (86 Points)

08 January 2012  

08 Jan 2012

Now all User of MCA21 website are required to download latest Java version from the Link provided in MCA21 website.

However, I have found :

All users using below mentioned services on MCA21 are required to download JDK 1.6 updated version 30 from the following link Click here to download

This link goes to website https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u30-download-1377139.html

Here we can download 2 files for Windows OS.

1. jdk-6u30-windows-x64.exe (I have downloaded this file. But this file does not works in Windows XP)
  2. jdk-6u30-windows-i586.exe (I have downloaded this file. This file installs Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 30, and 2 other Java based Development Kit)

My Question is :

1. If Only Java Runtime Environmnet Version 6 Update 30 is required, we can also download it via www.java.com website directly, instead of going through Oracle Website.
  2. If JRE (i.e. Java Runtime Environmnent ) is required, then why the link is given to download JDK (Java Development Kit) ?
  3. I know that file jdk-6u30-windows-i586.exe also installs Java Runtime Environment along with 2 other Java based applications.
  4. I have tried both the methods.
  5. Without installing JDK, If you download Java Runtime Environmnet through www.java.com and Download Java, User is able to login to MCA21 website successfully. Now the new DSC Selection window appears.

Experts are requested to :

1. Remove / Uninstall the Installed Java Runtime Environmnet including all JDK installed applications
  2. Then Install Java Runtime Environment Version 6 update 30 from www.java.com and Java download.
  3. Is there any difference between these two different methods?
  4. Also the MCA21 website - under Prerequisite software for efiling - mentions Java Runtime Environment 1.6 Updated Version 30 (i.e. JRE Ver 6 Update 30) and Not JDK

Experts are invited to express their views / comments on the above.

Accordingly Experts can advice us.

Thank you for reading my long Query.