Lack of knowledge crippling me

Dhanya Rose (Student) (147 Points)

05 January 2012  

Hi

I failed CA exams twice and i wrote exam last november. Though the CA course wants expert level knowledge of standards, I am not an expert. I feel very dejected and wanted to call it quits last time but last two weeks before exams, I decided I would try again and  I gave a shot at the exams. After exams I thought I would try to work 'cause this post articleship-trying to complete final period of just staying at home all the time is eating my brain up quite literally. I feel sitting at home all the time is rotting my brains. I attended an interview for an audit firm that told me that I had to be comfortable in IFRS and I just read little about them overnight and went for the interview and didn't make it as questions were asked on practical IFRS and even with Indian AS i should have been able to answer them but I couldn't

I feel very disappointed with life and exams. I want to pursue a new field 'cause I have become scared of these topics I am repeated failing in and trying again is only tarnishing my self esteem. I don't know what to do. Do help me with some good webresources for IFRS/Indian AS. 

Thanks.