July 1 - 4 months to go my dear final students

satish (Service) (901 Points)

02 July 2012  

Dear Final Students,

This is a wakeup call again for those of you thinking that you have 4 months to go..You ONLY have 4 months - 120 days.. During this time there are lot of distractions ( Festivals, office pressure, Facebook - messages, Email, Mobile phones, going to classes, Finsihing up the Big book of sections , Dont know how the Capital reserve has been arrived, I hate Information technolgoy..and list goes on)

All you need is systematic and smart preparation plan along with hard work.

I am currently coaching 8 students(2 of them are CWA final) ..it so happened i have working professionals attendign the batch. For past 2 months as they attend my Financial reporting, financial management and tax classes, it wasnt easy task motivating them to study daily and answer the quizzes in my class. There were always many reasons and will continue to be given for not preparing as pre read before the class.

I had to motivate them, Mentor them & Coach them...and i have taken following actions.

1. Sending them SMS to remind them that they need to prepare post office hours :)

2.Participating in quiz (helps reiterate the concept) ..For ex in Consolidation of financial statements, How do you treat Upstream transactions ?  Ok, if so then how do you treat the same in Chain holding etc. As long as you are thorough at concept level, any combination of problem you could be able  to solve

3. Test papers - Short ones for 45 minutes. This is to test time management. In exam specific to Accoutning  you have 3 hours..and most of students get stuck at solving one problem for 40 minutes ( 16 marks)..and then panic sets in for rest of problem. Its like in Cricket when we lose 45 -4 ..then the middle order tries to save otherwise the match is lost. Similarly how can we have a great start - consolidate our position and do a great finish.

4. Balance Study :  For working professionals writing 2 groups . Time to study is defined as " Effective Study"

Notwithstanding any other disturbance in your life,  CA course demands systematic study and rewards for the best paper consistently.

Provided students spend as per clause (a) and (b) below

a. 2 Groups : Study atleast 4 to 5 hours a day

b. 1 Group ; Study atleast 3 hours a day

Students in Bangalore who wanted to attend a focussed coaching-mentoring program - new batch starts in August (limited to 10 seats).

Other state students you can follow my post in ca club india, write to me at Tejas @ tejas.co.in for any support required in email . This could be doubts, help for study plan or motivational email . I am there to help students community.

Wishing you all the best ...and keep the ALARM loud for those who want to sleep..Time is running out for Nov 12 exam

Regards,

Satish.

Tejas Learning Centre

"Where Knowledge is Shared"