Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > VAT > Mahavat >

J1-j2 for non audit dealers

Pages : 1 2

CA

[ Scorecard : 2206]
Posted On 19 April 2012 at 11:17 Report Abuse

Hello,

I'm a dealer whose turnover is less than 5 lacs for the 6 monthly period 1st oct 2011 to 31st march 2012 and my return frequency is 6 monthly. Now, apart from filing the return, what are the other annexures that I need to file? VAT audit is obviously not applicable to me.

Do I need to file J1/J2? If yes, from where can I download the same and what are the due dates? Any other annexure?

Thanks!

Online classes for CA CS CMA

surbhi Khiwansara
ARTICLE ASSISTANT

[ Scorecard : 57]
Posted On 19 April 2012 at 15:36

YES. U WANT TO FILE J1/J2 THOUGH YOUR CASE IS NOT IN VAT AUDIT. BY LATEST NOTIFICATION NO. VAT/AMD-1011/1B/ADM-6, dt. 4th Feb. 2012, it is clearly stated that the dealers covered under Explanation to clause (8) of sec. 2 of the MVAT Act, 2002 and are not required to submit Audit Report in Form -704 shall Submit the details of sales and purchase for entire year in the Annexure- J1, Annexure- J2 and other details in Annexure - C and Annexure- D appended to this notification. This requisite annexure alongwith the aforesaid returns shall be submitted within Ninety Days from the end of the year to which such annexures relates. YES THERE ARE TOTAL 7 ANNEXURES . ANNEXURE- C,D,G,H,I, J1 , J2 . THESE ANNEXURES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE MAVAT SITE. U CAN DOWNLOAD THESE ANNEXURES FROM THE MVAT WEB SITE.

Total thanks : 1 times

yashsr
CA

Posted On 19 April 2012 at 16:09

Thanks!

1) So do I have to file all 7 annexures?

2) Can I file the return only after filing the annexures?

3) In J1/J2, while showing details of Sales, if I've made Cash Sales and do not have the TIN No., what should I do? Some of these parties do not even have TIN no. since their turnover does not cross 5 lacs...

surbhi Khiwansara
ARTICLE ASSISTANT

Posted On 19 April 2012 at 16:31

1) NO SIR. THE ANNEXURES WHICH ARE APPLICABLE TO YOU. THREE IS AN OPTION DAT WHETHER IT IS APPLICABLE OR NOT YOU HAVE SELECT IT.

2)YES. FIRST YOU HAVE TO UPLOAD ANNEXURES AND THEN ONLY RETURN.

3)THEN AT THAT TIME YOU HAVE TO SHOW IN LAST ROW. IN THESE ANNEXURES OPTION IS AVAILABLE AT THE END OF THAT PARTICULAR SHEET.

yashsr
CA

Posted On 20 April 2012 at 09:43

Originally posted by : surbhi Khiwansara

1) NO SIR. THE ANNEXURES WHICH ARE APPLICABLE TO YOU. THREE IS AN OPTION DAT WHETHER IT IS APPLICABLE OR NOT YOU HAVE SELECT IT.

2)YES. FIRST YOU HAVE TO UPLOAD ANNEXURES AND THEN ONLY RETURN.

3)THEN AT THAT TIME YOU HAVE TO SHOW IN LAST ROW. IN THESE ANNEXURES OPTION IS AVAILABLE AT THE END OF THAT PARTICULAR SHEET.

Thanks!

1) Where can I download these 7 annexures from? I tried the following link:

http://mahavat.gov.in/Mahavat/GetDataAction?option=Electronic%20Forms

I could only find J1 and J2 among the 7 annexures that you mentioned. Please send me the correct link.

3) By Last row do you mean row no.2000 or do you mean the last row after completing all other sales? I couldn't find the 'option' of putting cash sales...

surbhi Khiwansara
ARTICLE ASSISTANT

Posted On 20 April 2012 at 11:09

http://mahavat.gov.in/Mahavat/GetDataAction?option=Electronic%20Forms this link is correct sir. No. 1) only i.e. e-return annexures .  sir in the last row means from 1000 row to 1002 row there is an option.. put your fig. in the correct option... or otherwise give me your mail id i  will mail  u these annexures sheet...

yashsr
CA

Posted On 20 April 2012 at 11:13

Originally posted by : surbhi Khiwansara

http://mahavat.gov.in/Mahavat/GetDataAction?option=Electronic%20Forms this link is correct sir. No. 1) only i.e. e-return annexures .  sir in the last row means from 1000 row to 1002 row there is an option.. put your fig. in the correct option... or otherwise give me your mail id i  will mail  u these annexures sheet...

The link has many annexures but from the 7 whihc you told me, there are only J1/J2.. So please email me the annexures at yashsr<at>gmail.com and obviously replace <at> with @ :)

Thanks a lot!

yashsr
CA

Posted On 20 April 2012 at 11:43

Recd your email, thanks a lot Surbhi! :)

Sohil
Learner

[ Scorecard : 565]
Posted On 21 April 2012 at 09:55

Even i am a dealer.

My turnover of sales is approximately 46 lakhs this year.And purchase is 45 lakhs.

I have been filing form 231 to file my return.

1::Do i also have to  file those annexures or is it valid to some particular business?

2::Here you mentioned that one needs to file annexure first than returns.But for annexures you mentioned 90 days.Whereas for returns i guess its 30 days.Than why annexure first and return  later?

3::I have lot of sales where party havent shared their tin details and are no longer making any furthur deals with us(in short from past 4-5 months havent contacted us).Their transaction on some bills runs into lakhs.What to do  in that case.Is the tin details needed in such cases?

4::In customer wise annexures whether both cash sales and credit sales to be put together .Also how to put the same where in some days cash sales done.Should the total monthly figure put together or one needs to put indivual cash deals in each column?

surbhi Khiwansara
ARTICLE ASSISTANT

Posted On 21 April 2012 at 13:57

1. YES. You also have to file those annexures.

2. YES. first of all u have to upload annexures  and den only return. so if  for filing of annexures due date is extended upto 30th june den of course for filing of return the due date is also same..but the payment should be made on 21st april only...

3. U can find out the tin no. from Mvat site also.. and if der is no tin no. of  the party then put fig. in to the last row of the sheet that is in the 1000 row where it is clearly given dat detalis of the non tin holders.

4.see you have to give party wise details for entire year. it is enough to give one fig. only no need to give separate fig.

Total thanks : 2 times

There are 18 Replies to this message

Related Files