Itr1 filing queries on income from salary.

Keerthy Sunder (Others) (25 Points)

31 August 2015  

While e-filing my ITR1 form, in the Tab 'Tax Details', under Sch TDS1, it was observed that the TDS from Salary is same as shown in Form26AS as well as in PartA of Form16 (TRACES) and Part B of Form16 (issued by employer).

It was observed in ITR1, that the 'Income Under Salary' column under Sch TDS1 of the 'Tax Details' tab, is derived from PartA of Form16. You may note that this field is editable and this value is designated as 'X'.

However, in ITR1, under the tab ' Income Details' at B1 'Income from Salary/Pension' is usually entered from the 'INCOME CHARGEABLE UNDER THE HEAD 'SALARIES' of Part B of Form16. This value is designated as 'Y'.

These 2 values for the Income from Salary' are different (X is less than Y) and according to my Form16, Part B, I have no outstanding Tax to be paid or refunded according to my employer.

Pl guide me on which value to be entered in ITR1 at both the tabs viz., ' Income Details' and ' Tax Details', for the 'Income from Salary' entry. Pl reply quickly, as 31 AUG  is the last day to file Income Tax returns.