advertise

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Service Tax > Queries >

Is Villa/Flat Maintenance charges are taxable ?

Pages : 1

accountant

[ Scorecard : 31]
Posted On 08 April 2010 at 12:21 Report Abuse

Dear All

I am an Accountant working for  XYX Residencial Complex, it is Association of Persons ( All Owners together Formed an Association )   an amount of Rs.7000/-  charged as Maintenance fees for a month we have 56  units of Residential House.   my  queir is  wheather  Apartment / Villa Maintenance  fees collected  to incurred  our own expense with related to maintenance.  Is this catogory  are applicable to service tax.  if so under which head it fall on, if it does not applicable  than please give me some reference section or  notification  to have clarity.     Please note this maintenance charges are not used  for any commercial purpose  it is only domestic purpose.

Please do the needful

regards

stani kamal

Online classes for CA CS CMA

P.Bashista
Advocate

[ Scorecard : 362]
Posted On 08 April 2010 at 15:14

Here you are providing service to yourself. This kind of situation called as principal of mutuallity.

Lets say 5 people are cooking food for themselves. So can it be said that they are providing service to others?? Obviously not. Same is the issue in your case also and hence you are not liable to pay any service tax.

Aswina Kumar
PROFESSION

[ Scorecard : 27]
Posted On 23 April 2010 at 22:45

i feel its taxable iof the maintainence charges collected is more than 2500 p.m

There are 2 Replies to this message

Related Files