Is foreign inward remittance to self taxable?

I am an Indian citizen and was working and living in the US for many years. I am visiting India for some time and qualify under the RNOR category.

I have been transferring money for my personal, day-to-day use from my US bank account to my India bank account. I have already paid taxes on this money in the US. 

Do I owe any taxes in India on this inward remittance? I have no India based income.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether foreign inward remittances sent to India are subject to tax. The user, an Indian citizen residing in the US and currently in India under RNOR status, has been transferring funds from their US bank account for personal use. They have already paid taxes on this income in the US and have no Indian-based income. The consensus is that foreign inward remittances are generally not taxable in India, especially when the income has already been taxed in the source country.

If it is already taxed in usa .. it won't be taxable here
Foreign inward remittance is not taxable.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details