Easy Office
LCI Learning

Is a regular bcom necessary?

Page no : 2

Ankita Methi (Credit Underwriter) (758 Points)
Replied 24 May 2012

Originally posted by : Anshul Mittal

@ ANAMIKA,,,,, YOUR POINT IS VALID BUT AFTER 3 YEARS ,, WHEN YOU WILL GET OUT OF COLLEGE,,, U'LL GET NOTHING XCEPT A CLERICAL JOB (XCEPTIONS ARE ALWAYS DERE),,,

I THINK WE CA DONT HAVE COLLEGE LIFE,, ALL WE GOT TO ENJOY IS ARTICLESHIP LIFE,,,,,

SO DON'T JUST THINK FOR FUN,,,, ALSO THINK FOR UR FUTURE   AND TRUST ME YOU CAN HAVE SAME FUN WHILE ARTICLESHIP TOO.........

I GOT MANY FRNDS FROM DU,, EVEN FROM "SRCC",,, BUT NOW ALL THEY SAY IS --

BRO M ALREADY 2-3 YEARS LATE FOROM BEING A CA,, COZ THEY DIDNT WENT FOR ARTICLESHIP OR FAILED IN IPCC,,, WHAT T ODO NOW??

SO THINK BEFORE DOING.........

well.......i agree wth you ...that yes luck and tym matters alot in getting a gd future

wt i mean to say is that clg and ofc are manageable.........its nt possible in delhi but in other part of india.....universities allow ca wth b com.......and wth clg one will have a different gang of frnnsss,,,,and if you are doing regular b com......you would have a good excuse in ofcto leave on tym.....else when the principl knows that u doing corrrespondence he would make u slog.....my personal opinion

1 Like

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 24 May 2012

First of all those who are saying people are doing bcom regular +IPCC+ articleship is not true. Regular college is not allowed during articleship. Even evening colleges in Delhi start at max 4 pm,so that wont be allowed either. As of value,correspondence or regular does not matter if you have CA prefixed in ur name. 

@ Anamika- Mostly CAs are not allowing regular colleges in office time as it can make them guilty of professional misconduct. So dont expect any CA to allow you leave early for your college.

But I would advise you to enjoy your college life first,these days will never come back. You have to slog hard for rest of your life,CA or not,but college days you will be remember all your life.

Replied 24 May 2012

none of the ca would allow u to leave early.......but atleast leave on tym......else they will keep u hooked fr long hrs

and i have already said......regular bcom is nt allowed in delhi along wth ca........but in other parts its definately allowed.......

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 24 May 2012

Originally posted by : Anamika

none of the ca would allow u to leave early.......but atleast leave on tym......else they will keep u hooked fr long hrs

and i have already said......regular bcom is nt allowed in delhi along wth ca........but in other parts its definately allowed.......

Restriction has been placed by ICAI on its students,hence they are applicable Pan India .You can do regular B.Com in delhi too coz there is no restriction in DU on doing other course. But in ICAI you have to give form 112 for obtaining permission of ICAI to undergo any course during the time of articleship. It is just that head of colleges refuse to give you the declaration that you wont be in college during office hours.

Replied 24 May 2012

the restriction has always been thr.........but if you see in kolkata nad b'lore and various other places,colleges have suitable timing which donot clash wth ofc timings......

Anand (FINAL CA) (1116 Points)
Replied 24 May 2012

dude.....how did u even think tat bcom is not necessary......brother in ca even u be he most intelligent guy ever to be born....der is no guarantee of passing it.....ca is a gamble my friend....u shud never leave bcom....i suggest u if u are from raj uni or delhi univ.....plz pursue bcom(hons)....likewise here in mubai der is no hons....even after u do ca no 1 is gonna give u a pckage of 10-12 lacs straight away(esp. in current scene).....do bcom + ca....strive the hardest....

muhammedfaisalpv (CA-FINAL) (48 Points)
Replied 25 May 2012

do bcom with IGNOU, You can get books and all materials, and study your self in ignou,there is no problem of value...

Sudarsan N Raghavan (IPCC) (73 Points)
Replied 25 May 2012

Thannks you all for your advice. I have no plan of continuing college once I complete IPCC. I only want to go to college as afallback option. So if I finish IPCC I will discontinue it and then start articleship. So If I attend classes and college and coaching I think I would be able to spare some 4-5 hrs daily for studies. Will that be sufficient? Also I wouldnt mind bunking collgege and studying once in a while. In chennai minimum attendance is 75%. in colleges.

Replied 25 May 2012

uptil clearing of ipcc....thr is no ofc

once u join ofc u will get a tym slot of atleast two years before u can give ur final........

so that much tym is sufficient fr ur preparation.........join a clg.......otherwise u will feel deserted after wards

Anshul Mittal (Freelancing) (741 Points)
Replied 25 May 2012

Don't make any decision for which you have t o regret,,,,,,

Anamika is ryt ,, Dnt think that u won't need to have college fun,, and Even the B.com. course is somehow same as of CA,, so it will help in both the ways,,,,,,,,,,

every opinion here differs Coz of Different colleges and The Principal U are working under,,,,

like DU B.com. xams always clashes with CA xams,,,

so Choose sum good((for ur comfort)) college,, and do regular B.com.,,,

ICAI have lots of rule and even they Dont follow it..............

Replied 25 May 2012

I am not interested in college life as such. Im only seeing it it as a safety measure sort. So untill I finish IPCC I will go to college. Then I will discontinue. Thanks for all your advice Anshul and anaamika. 

Replied 25 May 2012

All I want is to be a CA..!! But I dont want to take risk. 

Geetha (student) (126 Points)
Replied 26 May 2012

Dear Sudarshan,

You have kept on saying 'until i finish ipcc, i will go to college'. my dear friend, ipcc is not the last exam.... There is one more 'CA FINAL' which is to be passed!!!  Then only u r a full fledged Chartered Accountant.  looking at the % of passing students, that also would be very tough. so better you have graduation so that if not CA, you can study something else if u don't get through ca-final.

Replied 27 May 2012

Hello Geetha,

The thing is if I finish IPCC I will be able to avail the exemptions from IGNOU and get a degree. Then there would not be a need for college. yes I am fully aware of the difficulties in each stage of the course and I am ready for everything. Thanks for your advice. :)

Lakshmi Parasuram (1) (263 Points)
Replied 27 May 2012

hi friends,

plz clarify two things

what is the value of ignou-B Com in job market supposing one is not able to finish CA course? I mean whether such degree is recognized say for applying for a bank officer test?

whether one has to get permission from the ICAI for doing ignou B. Com?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: