Investors on equity sharing

Jayesh Patil (Duty Manager) (4 Points)

07 December 2015  

Hi,

Very quickly I will ask my doubts

suppose if a project costs 3000Cr. and I take the investment of 1600Cr from investors and rest 1400Cr as bank loan or procurement loan from bank(The registered firm would limited and not private limited).

Now I have couple of questions-

1) If I go to 1600 people with the investment of 01Cr with at par equity sharing then it will be around 53% equity of company, 2% equity i will keep in my hand and for rest 1400Cr i will take bank loan on which bank will also ask equity and i will give them 45%(completed 100% holding of company)

Concerns - A) Can i put a term that if anyone wants to sell the equity they can not sell before five year and even after that can sell only to founder and to no one else.

B) suppose if 1600 people will give me 01Cr each then what % of equity should i offer? should i offer them with the value of 01Cr or lesser than that?

C) after getting 1600Cr from investors, whether bank will be interested to give me loan of 1400Cr against equity?

D) Is this whole idea sustainable?(It is not that I am confused, I will do it anyways but I would like to know the expert's opinion)

2)What if I go to big investment firms and ask for the fund there?

Which one would be more sustainable in terms for a fellow who doesnt have a single penny but he has a dream to make it true.

please answer it asap as I am 27 right now and already late.

J